Premed 101 Forums

I sent another email to ask when is the last day for the final answer and they said it's up until the interview, if anyone decide to drop out of interview last minute... sounds like I'm waitlisted for interview ... :( :( :( I wonder if anyone got rejected, maybe everyone who's not invited is waitlisted... arrrrrgh !!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
When did you send in your application? I feel as though there's a substantial amount of information on the application that they have to review, and maybe they actually read all the applications, reference letters, applicant statements, and CVs. I didn't know about McGill's program until later, and didn't send in my application until March. My file still says "Ready for Review", so maybe they just didn't get to the later ones yet.

Anyway, that's what is keeping my hopes up for now!

I didn't know you can send application after Feb 1st, I thought that's the deadline for everyone...mine was sent in January

I sent another email to ask when is the last day for the final answer and they said it's up until the interview, if anyone decide to drop out of interview last minute... sounds like I'm waitlisted for interview ... :( :( :( I wonder if anyone got rejected, maybe everyone who's not invited is waitlisted... arrrrrgh !!

I am in the same position. I wonder if they have updated any of the applicants statuses to rejected. I would hope that if there was no chance of receiving an offer that they would start weeding some of us out from this waiting game. There is still lots of time till the interview.

I am in the same position. I wonder if they have updated any of the applicants statuses to rejected. I would hope that if there was no chance of receiving an offer that they would start weeding some of us out from this waiting game. There is still lots of time till the interview.

I think at this point we should consider ourselves out of the game and move on.

"I started to wonder how come there are people who already got invitations when they said they'd be sending out them on friday, maybe these people are "family and friends"

No..I got my answer the first week and trust me..I have no friends or family at McGill:(..sorry

I am currently doing QYPT at McGill, I heard back April 12th about interview last year, so I would expect it should be within the next week or 2!

Hi!!

If you're doing the QY that means that you have been through the interview process:D I was wondering if you had any idea what the chances of being accepted into the program are after getting an interview? I know that each year McGill OT gets approximately 200 applications for the QY and I was wondering how many they take in for an interview? Also..what do you think is the best way to prepare for this? THANKS!!!

"I started to wonder how come there are people who already got invitations when they said they'd be sending out them on friday, maybe these people are "family and friends"

No..I got my answer the first week and trust me..I have no friends or family at McGill:(..sorry

It was a joke, hence the smileys...

3 years??! If you are seriously considering PT I would look into their undergraduate program in PT (The undergrad is 3 years, Masters is 1.5 years). The first two years have elements of a Kin degree and the 3rd year exposes you to all many PT pathologies and techniques. I would imagine that you could still go on to do your BEd afterwards if you decide that PT is not for you. However this route guarantees you into the Masters program if you get over 3.0 GPA. Given how increasingly competitive both PT and OT are becoming I would suggest you look into this route! MTL is great and if you have a bit of french that is an asset as our placements are sometimes in french or bilingual environments.

Hope this helps!

Hi jj123, can you please explain the three years required at McGill. I'm applying to OT (I'm guessing the timing of schedules is similar to PTs) at McGill and I read on the website that it should take 26 months, but from what you said it seems like it's three years long instead of only 26 months. Or is it 26 months spread over three years?

I guess an easier way of asking this question is: if I start the program in Sept 2013, in which month and year would I graduate?

McGill is one of the few schools in Canada to still offer an undergraduate degree in physiotherapy. If this is what you mean you would have to have gone through cejep and taken the required courses with a high GPA. You would then take a 3 year undergraduate program with automatic acceptance into the Masters program if the minimum 3.0 GPA is maintained during your undergraduate, the third year of thi undergraduate is also the year that the "QY" students join in to conditionally start their masters program. The Masters program begins that May and going until the following November 1, so 18 months (So at this point of the year the undergrad students are just graduating and the QY students have just finished the first two semesters of their Masters, aka the qualifying year). Its confusing I know. In summary, from the start of the undergraduate (after 2 years cejep) to the end of the Masters it is 4.5 years. For the qualifying year students (who take the interview to get into their Masters of PTOT at McGill) it is 26 months, 2 months longer than the average masters program in Canada. Let me know if you need any clarification.

Everything makes a lot more sense now. Thanks!

anybody officially refused yet? i called this morning, and they said that if minerva still says "ready for review," that you're still being considered. not sure if that last bit of hope is worth clinging too. :rolleyes:

Lucky him/her! I won't get my hopes up again... the medical school admission is all done, the PT/OT schools have either finished sending out their acceptance or will send after the 14th of May, at this point, people giving up interview is not that likely. We may see 1 or 2 people getting invited, but that's probably it. I wouldn't waste my time and energy fantasizing.

Archived