Premed 101 Forums

UofA: Full course load required?

On the physiotherapy website for the university of alberta it says that GPA will be calculated from your most recent 60 credits, but doesn't specify that 15 need to be done per term (Full course load). So would it make more sense to take a couple spring classes, and then four classes per semester for the last two years of your degree in order to get a higher GPA? Or would someone with a full course load get preference? Thanks for the help!

• 3 weeks later...

UofA PT definitely does not require a full course load. I recently completed my degree (online) over a period of 9 years!! Doing it slowly when I had the time allowed me a perfect GPA and I was offered an interview for admission this year.

With that being said, UofA was the only university that I applied to as Alberta is my home and many other universities do require a full course load. So be sure what the requirements are at any university you may want to apply to.

But for me, taking the time and getting better marks was the way to go. Good luck to you!

Archived