Premed 101 Forums

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is it may 17th yet? The wait is killing me!!! I obsessively check my email knowing there's nothing there! Aaahh. How is everyone dealing with the suspense?

Going crazy on this end too - I had surgery on Monday so I have nothing to do but lay around checking my email and re-reading my written answers compulsively. Hang in there :)

This wait is really agonizing. I initially planned to sleep in as much as possible so the day will go by faster, but it hasn`t worked so far. On the bright side...for people who applied to Mac or UWO, they send out their letters at 12am! I`m not from Ontario so this will be 10 pm on the 16th for me.

Going crazy on this end too - I had surgery on Monday so I have nothing to do but lay around checking my email and re-reading my written answers compulsively. Hang in there :)

Oh god! I can't even look at my answers. If I did I'd only find mistakes and things I'd change :-( I do wish U of A did their offers at the same time though. It's almost worse waiting around each month end with my fingers crossed. Makes the waiting game so much more stressful!

Well its good to see I'm not the only one haha when you guys say "re-read" your written answers, you mean Queens right? I wish I even remember how I did in the MMIs but its just a big blur... All I remember was their facial expressions lol some nicer than others. Hang in there guys! Pretty soon we'll be celebrating (or throwing myself off a bridge) LOL

Haha I remember there's this one lady in the MMI that was frowning all the time I was talking. Fortunately she also gave frowns to other people I've talked to, which means maybe it's just normal!

Ya I remember that lady. I was worried if it was something I did but her facial expressions definitely made me feel uncomfortable haha.

I am losing my mind!!! I need to know!

But actually, it is very inconvenient to find out so late in terms of apartment searching, moving, Applying to student awards, etc.... And depending on where I go I am going to have to organize selling my car on top of everything else. STRESS.

This is, of course, assuming I get in at all.

I think it some ways it is really nice that each school replies on the same day (and some at the same time). It saves a lot of suspense and stress for the students. Having been in positions where you have no idea when you will get a response to having a concrete date, I'd much rather prefer the concrete. I find it fun to countdown and have a goal (set date), makes the wait more fun and suspenseful. :rolleyes:

Also,

12 more days :eek:

I should make a rainbow with this.. :P

I feel crazy and irrational, haha. I go from being cool as a cucumber to freaking out... Even if I do get in I feel like there are still so many things to get in order before I can relax! Mainly... Money situations, lol.

I feel crazy and irrational, haha. I go from being cool as a cucumber to freaking out... Even if I do get in I feel like there are still so many things to get in order before I can relax! Mainly... Money situations, lol.

I agree, and I've actually had to turn down 2 full time job offers because no one will take me on not knowing whether I can commit to the job which sucks!

Oh wow that sucks!! Mostly if you don't get in because it is pretty hard to find full time employment these days. I am lucky enough to already have a full-time job in my field, but I really don't feel this whole thing is a match to me, thus the applying to OT, haha. I feel trapped here, so if I don't get in I am going to be very lost in life.

But yea, definitely haven't saved enough to make it through 2 years with no income + tuition... I've been trying to apply to awards, but it is very hard when you are not enrolled anywhere

10 more day until judgement day!!!

Its all I think about. I think my friends are getting annoyed of me talking about it haha I can't help it! Money is a big issue for me too, its either going to be a student line of credit or gvmt funding for me. No way I could save that much in a couple of months! All this, if I get in.

The daunting question is: what in the world I would do if I didn't...? Its already my second round applying. Anyways, happy thoughts!

It helps that the weather is getting nicer though... No? Haha

Happy tuesday, fellow stressballs!

Yes I guess the one good way of looking at not getting in this year is it would allow some time to put some money away. Doesn't it feel crazy to think that if not this round within 4 months we'll be starting this process all over again. I really hope those who have applied more than once get in this time around.

Archived