Premed 101 Forums

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry to hear about the PT rejections. It's tough that Queens sends out rejections two days early, considering you have to sit with the rejection for so long before you have a chance at receiving some good news from other schools. Hope you guys get some good news tomorrow night!

Your application to the Master of Science Program in Physical Therapy at Queen’s University has been given careful consideration; however, I regret to inform you that we are unable to offer you admission.*

The academic cut off for the cumulative grade point average (Cum-GPA) for all years of University study this year was 2.89 and the grade point average for the most recent ten full course credits of undergraduate University education (Sub-GPA) was 3.55.

Well I guess they didn't like my essays. Thank GOD it wasn't OT, I almost had a heart attack (please no more Queen's aahhhhhh)!

Same here.

I AM GETTING A HEART ATTACK FROM THIS.

Sorry for people who got rejections :( I am scared of a similar fate.

I am happy to see though that the GPAs they mentioned are well within reason though - I assume it would be the same for OT or lower?? In any case, I hope my essays carry me through!!!

I don't know if I can read on here anymore until I find out, haha, I feel sick.

I AM GETTING A HEART ATTACK FROM THIS.

Sorry for people who got rejections :( I am scared of a similar fate.

I am happy to see though that the GPAs they mentioned are well within reason though - I assume it would be the same for OT or lower?? In any case, I hope my essays carry me through!!!

I don't know if I can read on here anymore until I find out, haha, I feel sick.

Agreed, I don't even want to look at my email ever again.

I got the same rejection, automatically thought it was for OT rather than PT and it broke my heart.

I only realized that it was PT after reading the forum. THANK YOU ALL!

My heart is more set on Queens than I was letting myself admit, I suppose!

I got a rejection email from Queen's PT too :( so heartbreaking... I'm really confused because I have a lot of good experience and I know I've taken all the prereqs soooo I'm not sure what I did wrong. Has anyone tried calling the # in the email? I tried 3 times and I got an answering machine, but I will definitely try again tomorrow to find out what the heck I did wrong!

I got a rejection email from Queen's PT too :( so heartbreaking... I'm really confused because I have a lot of good experience and I know I've taken all the prereqs soooo I'm not sure what I did wrong. Has anyone tried calling the # in the email? I tried 3 times and I got an answering machine, but I will definitely try again tomorrow to find out what the heck I did wrong!

I thought so too. I thought I was very well rounded. I have pt experience, cardiac rehab experience, I also worked as a personal trainer for a number of years. I also worked part time in my school as a peer health educator. I guess none of that stuff is valued.

Guest Physioprospect

Unfortunately it was your 2.96 GPA that limited you. You have to have a cGPA at least 3.3 and now its prob getting closer to 3.5

Guest Physioprospect
Pink Tulip said that the 2013 email said 2.89 cGPA was the lowest this yr

hmm no one in my class had one that low, mayyyybe there liars!

Wow no kidding! I don't know if that's good or bad though... Which scholarship was it for?

I know, right? It was the OGS scholarship...it's not that surprising that I didn't get it as it is distributed across a number of graduate students in ontario (not specifically for OT/PT) but..........

still. so. nervous.

Sorry for all the PT rejections :(..I know that gut sinking feeling as it was me last year.....hopefully they will be overshadowed with great news on the 18th!

hmm no one in my class had one that low, mayyyybe there liars!

I doubt the school would lie about it's GPA in their own rejection email. I took that information straight from the email they gave me. It's kind of sad to see how many people here are already rejected... :( I thought my experience was good as well but maybe not??

My email is time stamped at 3:57 pm.

Got that email today too :( Wasn't banking on Queen's though but it sure does suck to get this rejection a day before the other emails come in. I can't handle this wait any longer but am so scared of the potential bad news I could get at midnight tomorrow and Friday morning! :(

Got that email today too :( Wasn't banking on Queen's though but it sure does suck to get this rejection a day before the other emails come in. I can't handle this wait any longer but am so scared of the potential bad news I could get at midnight tomorrow and Friday morning! :(

I'm more scared today because I guess yesterday was PT rounds and today will probably be OT (which I am rooting for). Really disliking Queens as they're making us have nervous breakdowns. :(

I'm more scared today because I guess yesterday was PT rounds and today will probably be OT (which I am rooting for). Really disliking Queens as they're making us have nervous breakdowns. :(

Queen's is really my last option this time around - I'm so scared to even check my email today.:(

Queen's is really my last option this time around - I'm so scared to even check my email today.:(

Yeah well even if you don't check it you will know soon. People will undoubtedly post here as well about when they go out. On the bright side, not getting an email and knowing they went out means you've got a place in or on the waitlist. I think thats worth knowing earlier than later if possible. There's a good and bad side to everything! I really hope you get an email Friday and not today. :)

Yeah well even if you don't check it you will know soon. People will undoubtedly post here as well about when they go out. On the bright side, not getting an email and knowing they went out means you've got a place in or on the waitlist. I think thats worth knowing earlier than later if possible. There's a good and bad side to everything! I really hope you get an email Friday and not today. :)

That's true always important to look for the positive - that and remember to breath! Fingers and toes crossed for everyone on here to get no more news until Friday - please and thank you :)

I also received the rejection letter from Queens PT, and even though Queens was not my first choice, it's still such a bummer and it obviously scares me for tomorrow! My cumGPA was 3.38 and subGPA was 3.76 so I guess they didn't like my essays :( :(

Good Luck to all tomorrow! (or at midnight, who knows, the suspense is killing me)

Archived