Premed 101 Forums

MCAT evaluation at U of C

Hi, just wondering if anyone knows if U of C considers the rest of the MCAT scores beside the V in the subjective evalution the reason I ask is I am considering rewriting with a 12V 10BS and a 4in the PS..no matter how hard i try my PS is awful. Does that matter at U of C?

Hi, just wondering if anyone knows if U of C considers the rest of the MCAT scores beside the V in the subjective evalution the reason I ask is I am considering rewriting with a 12V 10BS and a 4in the PS..no matter how hard i try my PS is awful. Does that matter at U of C?

i wouldn't rewrite unless you plan to apply to queen's and UofT (which have no bias towards OOP). With your 12VR, you're good for McMaster and Calgary.

The only place in the entire application where they look at the full MCAT score is in the 10% subjective evaluation. However, their evaluation is completely holistic and looks at your GPA, course load, external activities, etc. Since Calgary really emphasizes the VR, I don't think your PS section will make much of an impact in this 10% subjective section.

I would actually re-write if you think that you could push that 4 in PS up to at least an 8. As the others have said, the subjective component of the MCAT evaluation isn't worth that much, but every little bit counts. I recall hearing (on the podcast I think?) that they don't particularly care about a BS or PS difference of say 10 compared to a 12, but that anything below 8 has been found to be predictive of future problems so your 4 might raise some red flags.

Just my two cents but good luck regardless!

I would actually re-write if you think that you could push that 4 in PS up to at least an 8. As the others have said, the subjective component of the MCAT evaluation isn't worth that much, but every little bit counts. I recall hearing (on the podcast I think?) that they don't particularly care about a BS or PS difference of say 10 compared to a 12, but that anything below 8 has been found to be predictive of future problems so your 4 might raise some red flags.

Just my two cents but good luck regardless!

I agree completely. While they don't really care if it's over 8, I think below an 8 raises concerns and "red tags" your application somewhat.

Archived