Premed 101 Forums

NOSM 2013 Waitlist Movement

Here is a good place to discuss waitlist movement. Please feel free to post your ranking, if you are going to stay on the waitlist and accept the offer if you are so lucky :) or if you are accepting an offer elsewhere and will free up a spot. If you have a friend or acquaintance you know for a fact (please don't go by word of mouth) is going to accept or decline their waitlist spot please let us know. I believe as well that emails are sent out to inform people of the waitlist movement so feel free to share. Even for those not on the waitlist it will be of interest.

I wonder how many spots it'll move this year?

I wonder how many spots it'll move this year?

I'm interested as well. I think it could be as low as last year. No one at my interview day had (/ admitted to) multiple interviews, and even the people I know with multiple have NOSM near/ at the top of their list.

I'm interested as well. I think it could be as low as last year. No one at my interview day had (/ admitted to) multiple interviews, and even the people I know with multiple have NOSM near/ at the top of their list.

Agreed. Most of the people I chatted with on my interview day also indicated NOSM was their only interview or top choice. The poll we ran a while back also seems to corroborate our personal observations that most interviewees at NOSM have NOSM as their only / top choice.

Baghh, I just can't wait for tomorrow morning to come, especially now that I know I'm waitlisted at Queens :(

yes tomorrow will be an exciting day for some and for others not so much. Regardless of what happens, I wish everyone the best. Like everyone, I am nervous and can't wait to find out. Good luck to all. :-)

and yes, it will be interesting to see what sort of movement happens this year. :-)

I am hoping that the Queen's mess is simply an error.

Thanks Wayward. I'm really hoping so as well, although I can't seem to get rid of that gut feeling that the info was correct and they just slipped up in letting the info out at the wrong time. Just have to get through one more evening and sleep to find out, although I don't think I'm getting much sleep tonight.

The waitlist will probably not move a lot (if at all) before May 28. That's the time limit people who were accepted have to make up their minds and accept (or not) their offer. People who have multiple offers tend to wait out a week or so to make up their minds.

There's at least 2 people on this forum who have indicated that they've been accepted at NOSM but are going elsewhere, so we may see some waitlist movement soon. It doesn't seem like NOSM overaccepts, based on the AFMC stats (I may be wrong, though).

My take on NOSM's waitlist:

First 12 on the waitlist --> very likely to get in.

13-15 --> stay optimistic - quite possible to get in.

16-18 --> could go either way - 50-50 chance maybe? (play it safe and continue with your ECs, MCAT plans, etc)

19-24 --> still some hope but less than a 50-50 chance (prepare to reapply and apply more broadly!)

25+ --> move on; keep your chin up because you did come very very close

Good luck to all waitlisters !!!!

If I was in a waitlister's shoes I would want to know, so i am reposting!1

I was 2nd on the waitist and got my acceptance to Sudbury today. Will ABSOLUTELY be accepting, Congrats to everyone who now moved up at least 2 spots I finished 6th last year and I know the stress you are all under. Good luck and cannot wait to start the new adventure with you all

8:55 am

Accepted to West Campus

I was waitlisted at #11

I will be accepting but with a request to transfer to East as I am from Sudbury. Save a TON of money living at home! :D

Good luck to those still waiting and congrats to those who got good news today!

For anyone who is not on the wait list and is curious, the email we got today says they have moved through the top 13 people (ie. the original 14 is the new #1). They also mentioned that 55 people have accepted so far.

I was 9th on the WL and received an offer for the West campus on Tuesday. It wasn't my preferred campus and I hadn't responded, since I was waiting to hear from another school.

Interestingly, I received a call this morning from an admissions officer, who told me that if I sent an official request for a transfer they would be able to offer me a spot at the East campus. Later this morning I received an offer to the East campus :)

I wasn't aware that this was possible before accepting the offer.

I am still waiting to hear from another school, but I thought this information might interest some of you.

Have the ppl who have accepted offers and requested transfers (West to East) had them granted???

I was wondering if anyone who had received the initial offer of admission (or who was on the wait list and received an offer) could tell me when the deadline is for them to accept/decline the offer? Just trying to figure out the wait list. Thanks in advance :)

I was accepted off the waitlist (#11). I have a week, until June 4th. I'm guessing they give everyone the same time frame. So it will be similar to the past two weeks.... probably won't hear much until next week. But I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the waitlist is unlikely to move much more. But if you are sitting at 1 or 2 then I can understand! and good luck!

Just wanted to let the wait listers know that my friend was accepted to the west campus yesterday. She was waitlisted at position 15. Good luck to everyone else who is waiting still!

OMG, I have a dear friend whose number may come up. She is going crazy!

Thank you so much for letting everyone know the list is at least at number 16.

Another update.

I was just contacted by an admissions officer to offer me to switch to my preferred campus (east) which I was debating whether to submit the formal request as I got excited about thunder bay. But couldn't pass up the offer to live at home and save a ton of cash. Therefore, I will now be attending East.

She told me that they are sending out what are likely the LAST two offers today. Unfortunately, they try and accomodate the higher ranked candidates with their preferred location first and said one of the people wants East but the next two offer will be West.

So I guess waitlist will get to 17?

Congrats to the last few and keep trying and don't get discouraged for those who didn't get in. I'm 29! So if you are in your early 20's you got tons of time.

Further, a friend of mine, that I had no idea wanted to do medicine, got into Calgary after his 8TH!!!!!!! time applying!?!!?!?!

Now THAT'S persistence. You'd think if you apply ten times they would just let you in out of pity, hahaha.

Archived