Premed 101 Forums

When the Pre-MMI and MMI score out

• 1 month later...

It is just placed on the online application website for everyone to see the class statistics and their own statistics. There is no need to ask for it but you do need to wait until Dr. Walker has enough time to compile the data and put it up.

The University of Manitoba also gives you this information, though you need to set up a meeting (which they highly encourage and remind you via email to book one).

University of Calgary - Class of 2016

• 4 weeks later...

Does anyone know what was the raw scale range for MMI this year? Stats from 2012 show the upper range above 45. My MMI raw score this year was 12.11 and this just doesn't make sense with the current info on hand. Thanks

If you're adjusted score is 100, you are average. Anything below means you are lower than average and vice versa. Final score is MMI + preMMI so it's out of 200 (they didn't divide by 2).

I'm not sure how much is a standard deviation. Maybe every 10 out 100 = 1 standard dev? There was a blog post about it back at the beginning of the cycle last year.

Now for my scores, my preMMI are almost too good to be true. I didn't think my essays were that good, but my personal characteristics are in the top 15% save for 2. Conversely, my interview score is ****. I mean really really crappy. If I saw these scores the day decisions came out, I would have given up on med because I wouldn't think I would pass any interviews. Yet somehow I got accepted and put on good wait lists on other schools.. I might have been red flagged at one station in Calgary or something...

Goes to show just how much luck is a factor in the admissions game

A little more to what I wrote above: I actually rushed my essays. They were so last minute, that I submitted the app at 1:58am (was due 2:00am EDT). Yet somehow I was interviewed and turns out got such high scores.

Now for the interview, I prepared so much for it. I walked in confidently, and left happy knowing that I probably will get an offer. It felt good and I had fun. It was my second best interview.

Yet it was my only post-interview rejection, and now the stats show I'm at the very bottom in interview scores.

You really can't know what's going on in their heads when they give you these scores...

Does anyone know what was the raw scale range for MMI this year? Stats from 2012 show the upper range above 45. My MMI raw score this year was 12.11 and this just doesn't make sense with the current info on hand. Thanks

The raw scores definitely changed this year. Not sure what it's out of, but the magnitude of yours matches mine. I'll bet the scores are out of 20, but we might not know for sure till the reference stats come out.

On another note - Is anyone who was waitlisted willing to divulge their final score? That would give is a good indication of how close one might have come to being accepted.

EDIT: also, to answer another poster's question - 1 standard deviation is 15 points, and mean is centered at 100.

The raw scores definitely changed this year. Not sure what it's out of, but the magnitude of yours matches mine. I'll bet the scores are out of 20, but we might not know for sure till the reference stats come out.

On another note - Is anyone who was waitlisted willing to divulge their final score? That would give is a good indication of how close one might have come to being accepted.

EDIT: also, to answer another poster's question - 1 standard deviation is 15 points, and mean is centered at 100.

Thanks InfiniteMe, seems there are others with scores in the teens so we have to wait till the ref stats as you suggested.

Click on Status. Change the year from 2014 to 2013 on the drop down widget at the bottom. You should see your scores (only if you were given an interview and either rejected or waitlisted)

Thanks trojjan.

Boy did I ever bomb that mmi.

Click on Status. Change the year from 2014 to 2013 on the drop down widget at the bottom. You should see your scores (only if you were given an interview and either rejected or waitlisted)

Gah, I would really like to see my stats, but for some reason I don't have 2013 in my drop down list.. Which is very odd, considering I applied and was accepted in the 2012-2013 cycle. XD So frustrating!

Archived