Premed 101 Forums

Distance Anatomy Courses

Hey all,

Just wondering if anyone has taken any of the following courses by distance:

- PTHER 350 (aka REHAB 350) through U of A

- KIN 325 from TRU-OL

- KNES 325 from SFU

If so can you tell me how the courses were for their online content, pacing, prices and start dates? Can't find out much about them online, but I'm looking to start one of the courses ASAP so I can have an earlier application this next time around.

There aren't any accepted Human anatomy courses offered in Kelowna and U of A won't accept my Okanagan College University Credit A&P courses(Biol 131/133) for anatomy credit, so I've just gotta buck up and take another anatomy course by distance.

I unfortunately don't know anything about those courses, but try taking at look at the Mitchener Institute in Toronto. I know they have some anatomy and physiology courses you can do online (to prepare for some programs they have).

Whatever you take, you would just need to check if they would be acceptable credits for wherever you're applying.

There's one at Dal that has unlimited seats. It's a great course! Lots of work but you really learn it and it's all multiple choice assignments and quizzes. It helps if you have some background in anatomy (my focus in my undergrad was Osteology), but mainly to reduce the amount of study time. I think it's listed as Anat1000 or something. It's expensive, but it's accepted everywhere for OT that I know of.

I did the online Dal anatomy course also. It was A LOT of reading, obviously, but I found it to be pretty easy overall - the exams were online and could be done anytime within the span of 3 days, which was nice. I found this course manageable while working full time.

I took a summer physiology course online from Dal also and it was INSANE. It was a full credit fit into 6 weeks or something like that? I was also working 9-5 during this, and I would wake up at 5 am to do readings, then read as soon as I got home and be up until like 1 am reading every day... I had zero life. I found the labs kind of fun... The exams also had to be written in person, so you have to arrange with an institution to have an invigilator and that costs an extra $50 or something on top of the $1600 that I paid for the course - seems ridiculous for a 6 week online course where I am literally doing most of the work. That being said, I ended up doing really well and it definitely helped my GPA.

Hi,

I applied at UofA this year and to get my prerequisites I took TRU 1593/1693 for the A&P and Rehab 350 with UofA for Anatomy. I tried several semesters in a row to get into Kine 325 through TRU but they only allow a few TRU students in so the class fills up the same day they open for registration. I finally gave up and ended up taking Rehab 350.

I found the course pretty good, lots of power point presentations and online activities, more than any other online course I have done. I found the exams fairly difficult, more in depth than I would have expected. I was going to send you the course outline but I guess I threw it away. It is a paced course but it depends on how much you already know about anatomy to determine how much work you need to put in. Overall, the teacher was quick to answer questions and I got an A, so I would recommend it.

There's one at Dal that has unlimited seats. It's a great course! Lots of work but you really learn it and it's all multiple choice assignments and quizzes. It helps if you have some background in anatomy (my focus in my undergrad was Osteology), but mainly to reduce the amount of study time. I think it's listed as Anat1000 or something. It's expensive, but it's accepted everywhere for OT that I know of.

I took this to complete my anatomy portion. I found it very easy. Labs were kind of weird, it was nicely paced. Very expensive, cost me $1,000 to take because of all the extra fees for registration and having to register as an undergrad to Dalhousie which cost 200$. It was ANAT1010, there is a section for online/extra students. I would definitely look into it! It is accepted for PT/OT.

I took this to complete my anatomy portion. I found it very easy. Labs were kind of weird, it was nicely paced. Very expensive, cost me $1,000 to take because of all the extra fees for registration and having to register as an undergrad to Dalhousie which cost 200$. It was ANAT1010, there is a section for online/extra students. I would definitely look into it! It is accepted for PT/OT.

If we already completed a degree from another school how would we go about registering for the DAL online anatomy course? And do you have to do the exams in person at DAL?

If we already completed a degree from another school how would we go about registering for the DAL online anatomy course? And do you have to do the exams in person at DAL?

You apply as an undergraduate: non-degree and specify the course you want to take on the application . It's very easy but if you have questions email the admissions department. They were super helpful!

• 2 years later...

Hi everyone,

I'm reviving this topic because I am currently deciding which online anatomy course to take.

I was all set to take the Dal anatomy course but it is not accepted by UOttawa OT for the anatomy pre-requisite.

My other option right now is PTHER 350 via U of A, online.

Has anyone taken it lately? Any other online anatomy courses you would recommend?

I have a non-science background and am afraid my subGPA will go down if I don't ace this thing, so I'm trying to choose as carefully as possible.

Thank you!

I'm taking PTHER 350 right now and it is manageable but you have to be disciplned as the expectation is that you will learn the materials on your own. The instructor is very helpful and while the amount of material you need to know is overwhelming at first, they do offer resources (online usually) . The course book is Moore's Clinical Anatomy and is pretty much what you'll have to study throughout.There are quizzes you do online which is timed but is easy enough. The bulk of our grades is based on the midterm and final which you'll have to do in a proctor type setting. Overall, the exams are fair and the questions are pretty straightforward. Getting a good grade is really dependent on how well you study as the instructor is only there for guidance.

Hey guys,

Can anyone else speak to the difficulty level of PTHER 450 at U of A? If anyone has the course syllabus I would appreciate it if if you could send it my way.

As to an online anatomy course, I recommend ANAT 1010 at Dal. Great course, do the work and you'll do just fine!

Hey guys,

Can anyone else speak to the difficulty level of PTHER 450 at U of A? If anyone has the course syllabus I would appreciate it if if you could send it my way.

As to an online anatomy course, I recommend ANAT 1010 at Dal. Great course, do the work and you'll do just fine!

ANATOMY 1010 was easy! I recommend it too ! Open book tests and assignments !

Archived