Premed 101 Forums

UAlberta OT Calgary Cohort

Where are you staying during orientation week, Sept 3-6?

I do not have anyone to stay with up there, so I thought there might be a group that would like to stay together?

Or any other suggestions?

I am not keen on having to fork over several hundred dollars to stay in a hotel while there...:(

Anyone else feeling overwhelmed yet with all info coming out. I am trying to nail down my immunization record and looking into a cpr course.

Ahhhhh...already feeling stressed:o

Yeah, when they say start these processes immediately they aren't kidding. I started my immunization work today, and have an 8 week wait for the provincially funded review. If I don't get bumped up the list I'll have to go the pay for service route. :eek:

I think I'm going to stay with relatives outside of town for the first piece and make the scenic drive in for a couple days. Did you get a billet spot? I might share a DT hotel for the last few days if you're interested.

Yikes.

I have no history of immunizations, so I have to have blood test to determine what immunizations I received as a child.

I hadn't read too much beyond that, as far as what we need to do for the program.

So you are saying we are having to pay big bucks for immunizations?

I was wanting to wait until I moved to Calgary (next week) before sorting out all that I need to do prior to September.

8 weeks? Yikes.

On a side note, I managed to secure a spot with my spouse's cousin in Edmonton for orientation week.

What about CPR? I think I might have to squeeze the course in while in Edmonton.

Looking forward to meeting you soon:)

Oh darn, that doesn't sound like fun. We have to have our immunization record reviewed by a nurse and then our vacc's updated and the total record signed-off. It's not big money no, but a fee is charged if done at a travel clinic. It's a confusing process unfortunately. I'm not even sure if I'm 100% correct on the process myself. If you go the travel clinic route waiting until next week should be fine, I wouldn't wait any longer. I would do your criminal record check before you leave BC. I think orientation week is a little tight time wise for a CPR course. Calgary has lots of options in August or early September. We have until the 23rd of September to complete it.

Excellent news about orientation.

• 2 weeks later...

Any thoughts on textbooks?

Should we order them now from the bookstore or will we have time to buy them during orientation week?

I am having to begin my immunizations all over again:( Gonna be a long process.

Nice thing, I am doing them at UCalgary:)

Archived