Premed 101 Forums

Doctors and their Sex Lives!

Guest dr nomis

Guest dr nomis

OK...so SOMEBODY had to bring it up...

I only caught part of the show, but I was listening to the Charles Adler Online radio show today for about 4 minutes and heard something about how doctors who see naked humans all the time because of their job typically come home and are not interested in having sex.

Someone on the show said something along the lines of "I know a doctor's wife who thinks she's lucky when she gets it once a week."

I'm not one to freak out at news like this but now that I'm off to med school it's a topic that might foster interesting discussion. I'm not trying to start rumours or scare anyone but just trying to get some opinions.

Thoughts?

I remember a Friend's episode, I think Rachel was dating an ob/gyn... not sure... anyway, he was disinterested in sex, and explained it as such: "You know when you get back from a day at work (in the café) and think that if you see another coffee you'll vomit?"

It was a pretty funny episode.

Anyway, I think sex has so little to do with nudity and so much to do with everything else, that seeing naked bodies shouldn't do anything to damper your enthousiasm. If doctors are typically disinterested in sex, I'd assume it has more to do with fatigue and stress, than seeing naked patients.

Guest medsmurf

Totally not true. My husband is a doctor and there has never been a problem ;) .

I agree with heho...

"If doctors are typically disinterested in sex, I'd assume it has more to do with fatigue and stress, than seeing naked patients."

Guest Jochi1543

I don't know, I think to follow this logic, it would also mean that the more sexual experience you gain, the less interested you become in sex, which doesn't really make sense and sure isn't the case.:P (well, with me at least :hat :rollin )

Guest marbledust
I only caught part of the show, but I was listening to the Charles Adler Online radio show today for about 4 minutes

I don't know if I should be admitting this in public, but I have developed an addicition to Adler's show while I am on holidays. It's so bad and his guests (as well as Adler himself) are often lunatics. But I can't stop listening to it! I don't know what I will do in July when I can't spend my afternoons listening :lol

Guest treehuggingbiologist
"You know when you get back from a day at work (in the café) and think that if you see another coffee you'll vomit?"

:rollin

Man I miss that show. Now all you have on TV are @#%$ "reality" shows that are the TV equivilent of a retard on a unicycle at the circus. Everyone watches them, but no one has the heart to say how much they suck.

Man, this cold has gone to my head :x

Guest xylem33

at least you don't have an addiction to "a view from space" or "coast to coast"...I used to be addicted but they both became too ridiculous...but coast to coast is still alrite.

Guest Lurkergonepublic

Seems to me that if someone equates medically related nakedness with sexual partner related nakedness somewhere in their mind, then that might be the problem right there. ;) Do you want to be examined by that doctor??

I agree that when a doctor/med student becomes disinterested in sex it is probably because of something like stress or fatigue. Although there might be the odd day when you saw something nasty in particular that turns you off for a little while.. lol. Kind of like that scrubs episode where JD can't make out with his gf, because he keeps picturing the old lady smoking out of the hole in her throat. :rolleyes

I'm not too worried.

Edit: oh, and if the doctor's wife is lucky when she "gets it" once a week, maybe that's because he's only home once a week, eh?

Guest treehuggingbiologist

Haha Scrubs is an awesome show ... although basing any judgements about actual medical school from it would be ... for lack of a better word .... stupid? :lol

The airband was awesome though.

Guest Lurkergonepublic

What?? I thought scrubs was the most realistic doctor show! It just seems to down to earth... I have so many comebacks waiting for the snippity janitor that tries to follow me around and torture me.

:rollin

Guest Malikar

Hmmm, I dunno how relevant to this topic it is, but I recently heard of a study that found the more educated women become, the less they are able to enjoy sex. I don't know what models they proposed to explain this phenomenon, but its rather alarming, don't you think?

Guest rubberoduck

I read that women now can substitute physical sex with mental sex, and that is the reason why XXX books are so hot these days. Maybe educated women become disinterested in sex because they better substitutes in their fantasy world

Archived