Premed 101 Forums

Undergrad Transcript!!!??

It still seems kinda silly. I finished my undergrad 6 years before even applying to CaRMS. I submit that the stress (how old am I now...) of looking at marks in courses from 2002 was far worse than whatever the program got out of it. ;)

This is going to be interesting, I initially failed out of my undergrad due to marks in 2002-2004. I'll be applying to CaRMS for 2015. Wonder how many programs will exclude my application on the basis of the person I was a decade ago.

Yeah, don't let our stories scare you too much. None of the programs I applied to asked for the undergrad marks. I went to the same school for undergrad and for med school, so the university released all my marks to carms, instead of just the med school stuff. Which I was not aware of so that was part of the reason I was blindsided. If people have gone to the same school forever like I have, maybe check with the registrar's office or whoever is in charge of releasing the marks to carms, to see if they can send just your med school transcript (unless of course the program you are applying to explicitly is asking for it).

Yeah, don't let our stories scare you too much. None of the programs I applied to asked for the undergrad marks. I went to the same school for undergrad and for med school, so the university released all my marks to carms, instead of just the med school stuff. Which I was not aware of so that was part of the reason I was blindsided. If people have gone to the same school forever like I have, maybe check with the registrar's office or whoever is in charge of releasing the marks to carms, to see if they can send just your med school transcript (unless of course the program you are applying to explicitly is asking for it).

side note: if you care about it at Western you can ask them to only send your medical school marks even if you went to that school for UG. Probably can do something similar at other schools. Double edged of course :)

• 2 weeks later...

So here's question - one of the programs I'm applying to asked for my undergrad transcript, and as I went to the same school for both med and undergrad, I thought it was all taken care of when I send me med transcript in ages ago.

However, I was just rereading all the CaRMS stuff to make sure I covered everything, and horror of horrors, there is one tiny line buried in CaRMS about how you have to create a seperate cover sheet for your undergrad transcript.

For anyone who has done this, is there a way for CaRMS to assign my transcript to both documents? Or do I really have to order another transcript and send it in, which is dicey at best now.

Gotta love how clearly and well desgined CaRMS is....

Help is appreciated thanks!

I'm not the official word on this of course, but I imagine that the program will receive your medical school transcript with your undergrad marks on it, and all will be well as you originally assumed. Creating a separate cover sheet for the undergrad transcript is likely for those people who attended different institutions - in this case, it would just lead to the program receiving two copies of the same transcript...

I'm not the official word on this of course, but I imagine that the program will receive your medical school transcript with your undergrad marks on it, and all will be well as you originally assumed. Creating a separate cover sheet for the undergrad transcript is likely for those people who attended different institutions - in this case, it would just lead to the program receiving two copies of the same transcript...

Honestly, if a program is so anally retentive that they would can your application for something like that, you probably don't want to go there. Residency would be a living hell.

Honestly, if a program is so anally retentive that they would can your application for something like that, you probably don't want to go there. Residency would be a living hell.

unless there is just some office assistant doing some prescreening and as a part of initial check etc. You never know it may not be some quite a cruel plot etc :)

• 11 months later...

Sorry to bring up an old thread - but I am wondering how everyone is submitting their undergrad transcript to CaRMS? Are they sending a copy directly from the university, or are you scanning it? How are you dealing with the 'notarization/certification' of the transcript? I don't see how you can notarize a transcript... other than having a sealed envelope directly from the university... Thanks for the help guys!

Sorry to bring up an old thread - but I am wondering how everyone is submitting their undergrad transcript to CaRMS? Are they sending a copy directly from the university, or are you scanning it? How are you dealing with the 'notarization/certification' of the transcript? I don't see how you can notarize a transcript... other than having a sealed envelope directly from the university... Thanks for the help guys!

directly from your university 

I had it notarized and scanned it.  I think both ways are acceptable, though probably cheaper to just have the school send it directly to CaRMS.

Archived