Premed 101 Forums

What has prepared you...?

How have your academic, work and life experiences prepared you for being a student at Northern Ontario School of Medicine and for studying and working in rural, remote and/or northern urban communities?

I have a pretty good handle on the second part of the question (what has prepared you for working/practicing medicine...) but I'm not sure how to answer about what has prepared me for studying there. I lived away from home all through university but that seems like kind of a one-dimensional answer. Thoughts?

I would look specifically at how the MD program is structured at NOSM through their website. What is it about the program that resonates with you and your past? How do your past experiences make you a good fit for program?

Sometimes it might help to write down something that pops into your head that sounds silly at first, but might lead to something more meaningful the more you work on it. These questions for me have never been without mulitple edits.

Hope this helps!

RR

I would look specifically at how the MD program is structured at NOSM through their website. What is it about the program that resonates with you and your past? How do your past experiences make you a good fit for program?

Sometimes it might help to write down something that pops into your head that sounds silly at first, but might lead to something more meaningful the more you work on it. These questions for me have never been without mulitple edits.

Hope this helps!

RR

Thanks I didn't look at it that way! I have looked at the curriculum and it's very different - I definitely think it would be a good fit. That's a great angle to look at it. :)

Archived