Premed 101 Forums

I am a little bit confused on how to calculate sub Gpa. I will try to explain this as best as possible.

Right now I have17 half courses that will be included in my gpa in chronological order and for the last three courses that are included in the sub gpa the average of 6 courses in my third year will be included. To calculate average are all individual percent grades used. For example if I had these grades- 80, 75, 90, 85, 85, is the average of these grades taken, in this case 83, and is the gpa coversion of 83 which is 3.7 (university of waterloo) used for my remaining 3 courses.

OR

In calculating the Gpa for the three remaining courses are first the percent grades converted into GPA grades and then averaged. For example in using the same grades as above 80=3.7, 75=3.0, 90=4.0, 90=4.0, and 75=3.0, are all the individual GPA conversions averaged to give you a final GPA of 3.54.

Answer would be greatly appreciated to what method is used the first or second as it can make a big difference in the overall GPA.

I am a little bit confused on how to calculate sub Gpa. I will try to explain this as best as possible.

Right now I have17 half courses that will be included in my gpa in chronological order and for the last three courses that are included in the sub gpa the average of 6 courses in my third year will be included. To calculate average are all individual percent grades used. For example if I had these grades- 80, 75, 90, 85, 85, is the average of these grades taken, in this case 83, and is the gpa coversion of 83 which is 3.7 (university of waterloo) used for my remaining 3 courses.

OR

In calculating the Gpa for the three remaining courses are first the percent grades converted into GPA grades and then averaged. For example in using the same grades as above 80=3.7, 75=3.0, 90=4.0, 90=4.0, and 75=3.0, are all the individual GPA conversions averaged to give you a final GPA of 3.54.

Answer would be greatly appreciated to what method is used the first or second as it can make a big difference in the overall GPA.

The second one. You need to convert each grade using the orpas 4.0 gpa scale, not your overall average.

Archived