Premed 101 Forums

2 interviews at same time

Hello,

What can an applicant do of faced with this problem of interview invites of 2 diff specialities on same day? Are programs able to accommodate other dates?

sometimes! They usually want to as they don't want to lose the chance to interview someone they are interested in. I have seen cases where they just weren't able to though.

I've heard it could hurt your application though, as programs the same speciality arrange themselves so the dates are different at each school. So if you ask to change the date, that means you have applied to another speciality as well, meaning you might be less motivated for this particular domain.

So I would change the date of the program you are less interested in.

We're did you heard that ?

Everybody knows people rarely apply in only one spec.

If it is discriminating, that is really selfish.

it isn't that they are concerned you applied somewhere else, it is the fact that you wouldn't prioritize their interview higher than anyone else's.

It isn't perfect but it is a job interview situation. Sometimes things like that count people out in rare cases.

I heard that from UOttawa's page on how to prepare for carms: Here

Interview Schedules: Most residency programs in each specialty will coordinate their interview dates to avoid scheduling conflicts for the students. If you have a scheduling conflict with your interviews, reschedule the one you like less. As most specialties generally coordinate their interviews, they will know that you have applied to another specialty.

I've heard it could hurt your application though, as programs the same speciality arrange themselves so the dates are different at each school.

That's not always true. There are definitely times when two different schools will have interviews on the same day for the same program.

That's not always true. There are definitely times when two different schools will have interviews on the same day for the same program.

true - but in those cases I have found them to be a bit more forgiving then at least in some cases - as an example last year for instance sask and manitoba had rad interviews on the same two days but they let us try and pick days that worked within the two time slots because they were well aware of the issue.

still if you going to two or more specialties there is good chance you will have to turn down some interviews if it gets messy.

Archived