Premed 101 Forums

McGill 2014 interview invites?

RedLily

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes. Expand 'Minerva status updates and decision codes: what they mean' on this page.

Look on your checklist on Minerva for your interview date.

Thanks. I know this was mentioned earlier in the thread but I was afraid to be happy about it unless I was sure. Now I see where they want me to upload more documents on Minerva.

Happy to have an interview, good luck to those still waiting! :)

For those of you who received invites or received rejections from McGill, did you receive an email from the admissions office?

No email yet, just a Minerva status change. It sounds like OOP interviewees (from Feb 10th) received emails much later in the evening, so probably the same thing for us

Further Review a few hours ago.

Stats: ROQ, 3.84 GPA, 4.0 in pre-reqs. No MCAT submitted.

Anyone have any insight into accepted vs enrolled stats? From the AFMC website looks like only 5 people in the MDCM category declined offers last year...so, 89 (enrolled) + 5 = 94 out of 200 => 47% chance of acceptance. Not bad!

I've lived in the US for a while, so don't really have my fingers on the pulse of Canadian med schools...for whom, if anyone, would an ROQ applicant turn down McGill?

Got offer of interview today! Cannot believe it.

Here are my stats

In province applicant, Francophone (but did English CEGEP and uni)

3.76 GPA... wasn't sure this would be enough.

34 MCAT (13-11-10)

Felt good about my essay but I talked about very unique personal situations and what I learnt from them.. Wasn't sure if it would work at all.

Experiences:

Volunteer suicide counselor for 3 years, also trained the new counselors (1 year), research in 5 different university labs (since high school) including paid employment and in-hospital work with patients, involved in student clubs, fundraisers and did two humanitarian missions. Talked about a few hobbies/artistic and athletic interests.

DO NOT GET DISCOURAGED if you didn't get one. I applied for pre-med and got rejected across the board before interviews. Applied for UdeM last year and got rejected pre-interview for being 0.001 points below the cutoff.

This is my third round, and I'm finally getting a chance! :rolleyes:

So my interview is scheduled for March 25th but I have a conflict with the date. The AED mentioned that the only way to get a spot on the 26th (which is the only day I can interview without some serious rescheduling required on my end) would be if someone switched out of their spot on the 26th! Anyone willing to make this switch?

So after we submit our documents online to confirm our interview… is that it? Is there a confirmation of our confirmation :P ? Or are we good (just paranoid that I'm missing something)

well since we're venting our paranoid thoughts, i got a question for you guys. Its just the "Medicine Interview Session", "Med Non Disclosure Agreement", and "Photo Identification" we need to upload right? I noticed that there were links that say "Upload New Version" beside Transcript and Proof of Citizenship and I can't remember if they were always there or if they are actually requesting it :confused:

Archived