Premed 101 Forums

MD financial

Hey fellow med students:

Has anyone here used MD Financial before? I met with an agent back when I was a n00b.... but then lost touch, and now I'm getting emails from agents from across canada to get in touch with me 'virtually' from anywhere.

Is there a competition amongst them to get my account or what?

I thought there were on salary. So then why can't I just see a local agent instead of meeting 'virtually'?

Thanks for your input!

Hi there

Just wanted to give my 2 cents. You have an option of how you would like to meet with a planner. You can do a "skype" meeting with your dedicated advisor of you can meet in person in an office. The choice is yours. There is no competition for your business and all of the advisors are salaried. When you hit a transition point we try to get you to meet with an advisor since there is alot to go over in your plan. If you wanted to send me an email I can get this all taken care for you but please know the choice of meeting channel is yours!

My email is casey.warring@cma.ca if you wanted to get in touch.

Hey fellow med students:

Has anyone here used MD Financial before? I met with an agent back when I was a n00b.... but then lost touch, and now I'm getting emails from agents from across canada to get in touch with me 'virtually' from anywhere.

Is there a competition amongst them to get my account or what?

I thought there were on salary. So then why can't I just see a local agent instead of meeting 'virtually'?

Thanks for your input!

Hi there

Just wanted to give my 2 cents. You have an option of how you would like to meet with a planner. You can do a "skype" meeting with your dedicated advisor of you can meet in person in an office. The choice is yours. There is no competition for your business and all of the advisors are salaried. When you hit a transition point we try to get you to meet with an advisor since there is alot to go over in your plan. If you wanted to send me an email I can get this all taken care for you but please know the choice of meeting channel is yours!

My email is casey.warring@cma.ca if you wanted to get in touch.

Hi Casey,

Thought I would post it on here instead of emailing you just in case others had the same question.

When I got my LOC I was told I had to consolidate and close all my credit cards (except 1 - being from that financial institution) to get the full amount of the LOC. My question to you is: If I apply for another credit card now, can the bank lower my LOC limit?

Thanks

Good question. It would depend on the bank that your LOC is with. If you were given your LOC all at once, then I don't see the bank checking your credit report and decreasing your limit.. it would depend though on your bank and their policies.

Hi Casey,

Thought I would post it on here instead of emailing you just in case others had the same question.

When I got my LOC I was told I had to consolidate and close all my credit cards (except 1 - being from that financial institution) to get the full amount of the LOC. My question to you is: If I apply for another credit card now, can the bank lower my LOC limit?

Thanks

Archived