Premed 101 Forums

Troubles Logging Into CaRMS Website

Hey all,

I know Match Day isn't until Wednesday, but I just tried to log in to the CaRMS website to make sure everything was still smooth for logging in and now it tells me my username and password don't match their records. I double-checked that I was typing in the right info and it still didn't work. I even tried to reset my password, but it wouldn't let me because my security questions answers didn't match (I also double-checked these).

I was able to successfully log in a few days ago after the ROL was due, and everything was fine then.

I'm hoping the system is simply not allowing anyone to log in until Wednesday and it's not a problem specifically with my account... but I can't be sure. I have emailed help@carms.ca and am awaiting a reply, but I'm wondering if anyone else has been having this problem?

Thanks!

It's probably going to crash on Match Day, anyway, don't sweat it now

ha - ok in all seriousness that was probably one of the most stressful events most my class had to go through. It better not happen again. Bluntly speaking CARMS has exactly one job to do - and last year they screwed it up.

The computer mess-up ruined a bit part of the day - as you can imagine (I hope) what happens normally on match is day is a lot of your class finds out all at once good news. Most people are happy, there is a lot of celebrating going on, and shortly there after people zip off to celebrate is one of the final major bonding sessions of the year. Fun for all (well for most).

Last year that didn't happen - results trickled in over 2 hours and people were pulling their hair out with worry. When you got your results most people just wandered off. Kind of anti-climatic

Worse in some cases the results were WRONG - so there were people thinking they went unmatched for a couple of hours - people that in some cases wanted family medicine so the shock was extreme. Then some people that thought they didn't match found out they did match - but not everyone of course. So now there was this moment of hope where if you didn't match you might think that was a mistake as well - which was then eventually crushed again as you verified you did in fact not match.

Bottom line is CARMS received a lot of push back on how it handled things. It isn't really that tough of a problem releasing the results from a software point of view. They messed up, pure and simple.

I was planning on checking only after I came on here to see if there was another huge dumb-ass mistake by CaRMS again this year.

Do programs send you some sort of congratulatory email shortly after the results are released? They don't know either right so I imagine it can't be that fast for the larger programs. I don't want them ruining my surprise.

I was planning on checking only after I came on here to see if there was another huge dumb-ass mistake by CaRMS again this year.

Do programs send you some sort of congratulatory email shortly after the results are released? They don't know either right so I imagine it can't be that fast for the larger programs. I don't want them ruining my surprise.

some do but I haven't seen one sent out anytime immediately around the results etc :)

ha - ok in all seriousness that was probably one of the most stressful events most my class had to go through. It better not happen again. Bluntly speaking CARMS has exactly one job to do - and last year they screwed it up.

The computer mess-up ruined a bit part of the day - as you can imagine (I hope) what happens normally on match is day is a lot of your class finds out all at once good news. Most people are happy, there is a lot of celebrating going on, and shortly there after people zip off to celebrate is one of the final major bonding sessions of the year. Fun for all (well for most).

Last year that didn't happen - results trickled in over 2 hours and people were pulling their hair out with worry. When you got your results most people just wandered off. Kind of anti-climatic

Worse in some cases the results were WRONG - so there were people thinking they went unmatched for a couple of hours - people that in some cases wanted family medicine so the shock was extreme. Then some people that thought they didn't match found out they did match - but not everyone of course. So now there was this moment of hope where if you didn't match you might think that was a mistake as well - which was then eventually crushed again as you verified you did in fact not match.

Bottom line is CARMS received a lot of push back on how it handled things. It isn't really that tough of a problem releasing the results from a software point of view. They messed up, pure and simple.

Yes, I heard about this... how awful to be one of those affected.

Quick update: I'm able to log in again, so all is good. But I'm not going to try again until Wednesday.

Thanks everyone!

What happened in the past?

Never mind, just read rmorelan's quoted post.

don't think so - even the schools don't know until the morning of and not that far of them being globally released.

I can confirm that programs only find out their matches at the same time as candidates.

At my program, we all look forward to match day to see what candidates we matched.

Worse in some cases the results were WRONG - so there were people thinking they went unmatched for a couple of hours - people that in some cases wanted family medicine so the shock was extreme.

The only thing that can top that is the debacle in the 2011 Royal College exams (psych) where people who thought they failed actually passed, and people who thought they passed really failed.

http://studymagazine.com/2011/06/22/royal-college-finds-grade-mistake-psychiatry-exam/

The only thing that can top that is the debacle in the 2011 Royal College exams (psych) where people who thought they failed actually passed, and people who thought they passed really failed.

http://studymagazine.com/2011/06/22/royal-college-finds-grade-mistake-psychiatry-exam/

good grief - I mean really that sort of think should never happen. This is a field that shouldn't tolerate that kind of mistake.

50 minutes to go. Ha - I am getting flash backs to last year. Good luck everyone.

Archived