Premed 101 Forums

If you could go back in time..

I was accepted to Mac Health Sci and instead chose to do my undergrad at UofT. I did my high school outside of Canada, and had no idea what the Mac Health Sci program was. If I could go back in time, I might pick health sci so I have a better chance of getting into med school after 3rd year (instead of the 4 years of undergrad it took me)

I was accepted to Mac Health Sci and instead chose to do my undergrad at UofT. I did my high school outside of Canada, and had no idea what the Mac Health Sci program was. If I could go back in time, I might pick health sci so I have a better chance of getting into med school after 3rd year (instead of the 4 years of undergrad it took me)

+1 I too was accepted to health sci but decided to go elsewhere. I got in after 3rd year, but could've done so with much less effort (and therefore more time to have fun!) if I had done health sci.

• 2 weeks later...

Would not have gone to U of T for undergrad. Would choose Mac Health Sci or Western/Queens. I got into med school but it could have been less difficult.

Would still have gone to Mac for med school.

Might have done derm research in u-grad/early med school and just gunned for it. I like neuro, but I would take derm/opthal over it if enterance was less insane.

Would not have gone to U of T for undergrad. Would choose Mac Health Sci or Western/Queens. I got into med school but it could have been less difficult.

Would still have gone to Mac for med school.

Might have done derm research in u-grad/early med school and just gunned for it. I like neuro, but I would take derm/opthal over it if enterance was less insane.

wait...to get in specific residency prgrams after med-school, even your undergrad research counts?

So, if you are interested in a specialty, the research you did in undergrad should be reflective of that?

(btw...im not even in med school yet...just a seriously aspiring person :))

wait...to get in specific residency prgrams after med-school, even your undergrad research counts?

So, if you are interested in a specialty, the research you did in undergrad should be reflective of that?

Not really. Plus research is a small part of a much larger equation in CaRMS.

Some programs won't even consider research done before med school.

Archived