Premed 101 Forums

2nd Iteration 2014 Interview List

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Given that the rank list by the schools are due on the 27th and they actually have to interview people before that, I would think they would at least have to finish sending out invited by the next day or two. What do you guys think?

Well, if they ran out of the rank list, maybe they will invite people at the last minute for Skype interview.

Mac Ortho rejection

Same for me. Also go a mail from Memorial ortho saying I've been shorlisted by the program director, but that selection comitte have to review all shortlisted application before confirming an interview...

Anyway, updated list for everything:

FM: Dal, Western, Newfoundland, Manitoba, Ottawa, Mcmaster

Psych: Dal, UBC

Ortho: Edmonton, MUN, McMaster

Public health: Ottawa

General surgery: MUN

Internal Medicine: Saskatchewan, Queens, McMaster Waterloo

Emerg: Laval

Public health: edmonton

Neurology: edmonton

Radiology: Calgary

Anesthesia: Ottawa

Psych: MUN

Same for me. Also go a mail from Memorial ortho saying I've been shorlisted by the program director, but that selection comitte have to review all shortlisted application before confirming an interview...

Does anyone know if the PD has ultimate power over rank list or the site director?

Poor you. Wow. This must be hard.

Does anyone know what Mac interviews are like, particularly ortho. Is it a traditional type where you just interview with a few members of the committee or the mini room one like for med school

First iteration was supposed to be mini room like med school, but I don't think they'll do that for the second.

Did you receive an interview?

Out of curiosity, are you guys CMGs or IMGs?

Didn't mean to interject, but I have been attending talks by program directors from different disciplines (particularly the surgical subspecialties), so I thought I share what they told me. To begin, at UBC, there were very few spots left for 2nd iteration applicants, and they are often competing with residents from other programs who want a transfer. In addition, IMGs are at a disadvantage even in the 2nd iteration. For example, for 2 Gen Surg spots at UBC, a total of only 5 applicants were invited for 2nd iteration (2 CMGs, 2 residents who want to transfer into the program, and 1 IMG). The program/site directors felt that only 1 IMG was worthy of an interview invitation.

In short, 2nd iteration is very competitive, especially if one is IMG.

any news from McGill pathology ?? because I have mailed them 5 days ago and no answer, not even a polite No... in first iteration they say they announce all candidates... don't know what to think ?? is there any chance ?

My hunch is that the game is pretty much over..You'd better start thinking about your plan B if you have one.. It is just too frustrating to sit and hope in vain. I totally relate to what you are feeling right now! But it is not the end of the world!;)

Archived