Premed 101 Forums

2nd Iteration 2014 Interview List

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Good lord I haven't had a good night's sleep since this round began. Did they tell you when they're planning on making a final decision? How r they going to rank students without interviewing them?

No. I don't think the program was prepared to go to 2nd round.

I guess they'll just rank based on a point system with the presentation letter, references letters, CV and grades.

No. I don't think the program was prepared to go to 2nd round.

I guess they'll just rank based on a point system with the presentation letter, references letters, CV and grades.

You're right, that would explain their last minute decision. Oh well I guess we pray and hope for the best.

Thanx for the update, at least in this case no news is good news.

You're right, that would explain their last minute decision. Oh well I guess we pray and hope for the best.

Thanx for the update, at least in this case no news is good news.

Do you guys mean that Radiology programs have not called for interviews yet?

Still any hope?

Some of the programs are skipping interviews in 2nd round it seems. Just got an email from Memorial Gen Surg that I am in the shortlist but there will be no interviews in this cycle. So the ranking will be just based on the application. So if you haven't gotten an actual rejection from some of these programs you might still be in the running, don't lose hope just yet.

Some of the programs are skipping interviews in 2nd round it seems. Just got an email from Memorial Gen Surg that I am in the shortlist but there will be no interviews in this cycle. So the ranking will be just based on the application. So if you haven't gotten an actual rejection from some of these programs you might still be in the running, don't lose hope just yet.

I think they're going to let the spots go unfilled. They just can't overtly say that.

Sorry to say it, but you can rank them however you wish - the prospect of matching to any program at which you haven't interviewed is very poor.

Best of luck all the same. It's a barbaric process.

Thanks for your response!

What about those programs that decided to rank based on the applications only without interviewing applicants? From your experience, has anybody matched to such programs?

Just have a simple question: how am I supposed to rank the programs that have given me no interview, but no rejection either...Any advice?:confused: :confused: :confused:

Rank them anyway, it can't hurt. Just in case they do the ranking without doing any interviews. But rank the ones you've interviewed first.

Rank them anyway, it can't hurt. Just in case they do the ranking without doing any interviews. But rank the ones you've interviewed first.

Thanks! what about my question above: have you known anybody who matched to the programs that did not interview the applicants?

Thank you again!

Archived