Premed 101 Forums

2nd Iteration 2014 Interview List

Guys, please stop emailing me asking if I got an interview for Sask IM and MUN FM.

I am just reposting everything that has been said on this thread in one post, so it is easier to read and find what interviews have been out so far.

Just like for first iteration.

I'd appreciate if you did the same thing when you get an interview.

Was starting to think you're a second iteration all-star!

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guys, please stop emailing me asking if I got an interview for Sask IM and MUN FM.

I am just reposting everything that has been said on this thread in one post, so it is easier to read and find what interviews have been out so far.

Just like for first iteration.

I'd appreciate if you did the same thing when you get an interview.

but for real, did you get a MUN FM interview?

I wonder if they send out the rejections before the offers cause I haven't heard anything from ortho MUN.

How on earth do we keep track of which ones rejected us when they don't even send an e-mail to let us know??

Nope. No rejections.

Many people go rejections from MUN general surgery. But I heard nothing so I called and was told my application wasn't processed further.

Was starting to think you're a second iteration all-star!

Lol I only applied to ortho, gen surg and emerg. Got an interview for ortho edmonton and rejection from MUN gen surg. No direct news from Laval Emerg, and MUN, Dal and McMaster ortho on my side yet...

Anyway, I'm updating the list with what you guys tell me plus with rumors I heard. (I'll put the rumors in pink)

FM: Dal, Western, Newfoundland, Manitoba, Ottawa, Mcmaster

Psych: Dal, UBC

Ortho: Edmonton, MUN

Public health: Ottawa

General surgery: MUN

Internal Medicine: Saskatchewan, Queens, McMaster Waterloo

Emerg: Laval

Public health: edmonton

Neurology: edmonton

Radiology: Calgary

Anesthesia: Ottawa

Lol I only applied to ortho, gen surg and emerg. Got an interview for ortho edmonton, rejection from MUN gen surg and no news from emerg. No news from MUN ortho on my side yet...

Anyway, I'm updating the list with what you guys tell me plus with rumors I heard. (I'll put the rumors in pink)

Wow - one interview eh? Are you nervous for that one interview?

Ottawa Anesthesia definitely sent me a rejection on Saturday evening - I didn't even know the program coordinator worked on Saturdays. I'm sure they sent out invitations already.

How on earth do we keep track of which ones rejected us when they don't even send an e-mail to let us know??

This is why I'm making a list of what everyone has received so far!

It gives a better idea of where each program is in their process.

But of course, we never if they send rejection before acceptations, or if they sent the rejections in phases...

Wow - one interview eh? Are you nervous for that one interview?

Ottawa Anesthesia definitely sent me a rejection on Saturday evening - I didn't even know the program coordinator worked on Saturdays. I'm sure they sent out invitations already.

The interview was yesterday. Went pretty okay, but I feel I could have done better.

Sorry for anesthesia :(

And yes they seem to be working overtime for the second iteration: I received a call for the interview on a sunday!

The interview was yesterday. Went pretty okay, but I feel I could have done better.

Sorry for anesthesia :(

And yes they seem to be working overtime for the second iteration: I received a call for the interview on a sunday!

I think you got Ortho in Edmonton nailed. I don't think programs invited that many people for 2nd iteration interviews. Congrats!

Also, I think the invitations are sent in phases. So if you got an invite on Sunday, they must really like you.

Did you go in person? Or was it Skype?

In person. That was a pretty big trip, considering I'm my rural family med rotation in a city 7 hours from any big airport...

I tought at first they wouldn't invite much people, but I glanced at the list of candidates and there were at least 15 names on it...

Lol I only applied to ortho, gen surg and emerg. Got an interview for ortho edmonton and rejection from MUN gen surg. No direct news from Laval Emerg, and MUN, Dal and McMaster ortho on my side yet...

When I did the ortho tour 5 years ago I was actually surprised at how good the program seemed. I didn't do an elective or anything, but, the spread and the way they conducted the interview day was impressive.

In person. That was a pretty big trip, considering I'm my rural family med rotation in a city 7 hours from any big airport...

I tought at first they wouldn't invite much people, but I glanced at the list of candidates and there were at least 15 names on it...

Are you serious? :confused: :confused:

I'm really scared I won't match this year.

When I did the ortho tour 5 years ago I was actually surprised at how good the program seemed. I didn't do an elective or anything, but, the spread and the way they conducted the interview day was impressive.

Unfortunately, there wasn't an "interview day" with visits of the hospital when I got there. They told it was the first time they've been on the second iteration. My interview was at 18h30.

But I did like the questions during the interview, I got the impression they where really trying to get to know me.

Also the hospital is georgous...

Are you serious? :confused: :confused:

I'm really scared I won't match this year.

Yeah. Don't be discouraged. If ever that happens, take it as a way to improve on your application for next year and come back stronger.

Don't worry about it too much, you'll find your place I'm sure :)

Yeah. Don't be discouraged. If ever that happens, take it as a way to improve on your application for next year and come back stronger.

Don't worry about it too much, you'll find your place I'm sure :)

Can I ask when you went to your interview, did you see the other candidates? I mean was everyone having their interview at the same time?

Can I ask when you went to your interview, did you see the other candidates? I mean was everyone having their interview at the same time?

No I just saw the one before me leaving while waiting, and then after the interview had a glance at the next candidate. There wasn't much time to talk...

:rolleyes: has anybody heard about invites to Neurology in Manitoba and any program in NOSM?

Thanks!

Just a curious question:

if the interview day is Monday, is it worth hoping to get any invites to that program? Also, do you think that the review will go on for the next week too until 28th?

Thanks!:confused: :confused:

MUN- psych is also out!