Premed 101 Forums

2nd Iteration 2014 Interview List

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nothing yet. Anyone know if they screen applications based on EE results or do they review all??

I'm thinking the family med programs are going to use some sort of filter because of the sheer volume of applications they receive. But I think it might be abit more complex than just using the EE. It's probably a combination of EE, NAC OSCE, years since graduation and QE1 + QE2.

I'm okay with them using filters, what I'm not okay with is how some programs don't even send rejection emails. I mean candidates put in time and money sending in their applications. The least they can do is have a system where they send rejection emails. Or have a clearer timeline of when they intend to complete the file review and send out invites.

just chiming in wishing everyone good luck in round two!

Thanks rmorelan!

All the best to everyone involved. :)

The thread below mentions IM invites for BC out, rxpg seems to have a larger volume of updates so other interview posts should pop up soon enough.

http://www.rxpgonline.com/postt252146.html

I don't think that BC IM interview is correct. According to that poster, they were interviewing 11 per spot for 70 interviews - so that means according to the poster there are 6-7 spots. That's not true. There is only 1 UBC IM position available.

I'm calling that post BS.

I don't think that BC IM interview is correct. According to that poster, they were interviewing 11 per spot for 70 interviews - so that means according to the poster there are 6-7 spots. That's not true. There is only 1 UBC IM position available.

I'm calling that post BS.

Yeah and they claim to know every single program's interview schedule.

Seems like BS to me.

Yeah and they claim to know every single program's interview schedule.

Seems like BS to me.

I don't think some of the posts on that forum are accurate.

For example, the hoax about the Saskatchewan IM IV - maybe? But why would friends do that to you? I mean seriously?

Also - one person claims to have matched into Ob-Gyn and whose husband as IV at UBC IM - somewhere else claiming to be in prelim surgery in the USA.

That forum is sketchy. It's easy to kind behind an anonymous username and make other people feel anxious.

For example, the hoax about the Saskatchewan IM IV - maybe? But why would friends do that to you? I mean seriously?

Also - one person claims to have matched into Ob-Gyn and whose husband as IV at UBC IM - somewhere else claiming to be in prelim surgery in the USA.

That forum is sketchy. It's easy to kind behind an anonymous username and make other people feel anxious.

Definitely sketchy. :P

Good luck to everyone, regardless.

Dr.

So do you know if IM Sask has sent out interviews?

Any legitimate information.

The other person in another forum claims to be a relative of chief resident and faculty in the department / same program.

But, I know for sure, that Sask IM program sent out interviews last year on a Sunday.

But, what I did not believe was that, Asst Program Directors or PDs themselves do not send out emails for interview invites. Usually the program administrators email applicants.

Not sure what to believe.

Dr.

So do you know if IM Sask has sent out interviews?

Any legitimate information.

The other person in another forum claims to be a relative of chief resident and faculty in the department / same program.

But, I know for sure, that Sask IM program sent out interviews last year on a Sunday.

But, what I did not believe was that, Asst Program Directors or PDs themselves do not send out emails for interview invites. Usually the program administrators email applicants.

Not sure what to believe.

Pravid: claiming to be a relative to a chief resident? Really?

Is this person on the admission committee? For real? I've done rotations in US hospitals. I don't think the chief resident has any control over the IVs or reads the applications. The chief resident is in his last year - he/she has family, licensing exams, work, other issues, etc… Do you think he's snooping around asking when the interviews are? As if he/she had nothing better to do.

Last year, Carms 2nd iteration was a day earlier. It was on Wednesday. Today it was Thursday.

If they don't want an interview, they would have sent you a rejection email. Like for U Ottawa Anaesthesia for me. And yes, the program coordinator sent out that email on behalf of the program director. The program director has never sent out an IV invite for me ever, or a rejection.

Archived