Premed 101 Forums

The countdown has begun

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just Sask. Selected Saskatoon, but would thrilled with Regina as well. PA is definitely on the radar. You?

I selected Saskatoon as well, it was a really nice campus. Just finished NOSM today also waiting on U of O, U of M. I'd be happy with any of the schools they all seemed to have their own specific flavour/flair. Any reason for Saskatoon over Regina?

I selected Saskatoon as well, it was a really nice campus. Just finished NOSM today also waiting on U of O, U of M. I'd be happy with any of the schools they all seemed to have their own specific flavour/flair. Any reason for Saskatoon over Regina?

Both seemed great. I'd be thrilled to go to either. I picked Saskatoon (mostly) because it's closer to northern Sask, where I'd spend most of my free time. Also, if I decide to do two years in Prince Albert, I'd like to avoid (if possible) moving twice during undergrad, after year 1 to Regina, then to PA after year 2.

There was no deal-breaker with Regina - I'd show up with a smile for sure! :D

I thought I remember Dr. Ziola saying how ideally it's the goal of the admissions office was to have interview results out around the 7th, but because they are so busy that not to expect them until around the 17th. Either way I'm feeling pretty anxious!

Just received my email from the CoM indicating I passed the interview, so emails are being sent out! Check your inboxes!

received that too.. but the long intro to that one crucuial line made me think it was a long intro just to soften the blow of not passing the interview.:o

received that too.. but the long intro to that one crucuial line made me think it was a long intro just to soften the blow of not passing the interview.:o

Oh I know what you mean. At first I was like well at least I got into physical therapy :P but then I kept reading and I was like holy crap I passed! It's a good feeling and a little more inspiration to study that little bit longer. Best of luck to everyone else

How is everyone holding up out there? I am progressing more quickly through the stages of post interview depression (oppression?) than last year.

1.Excitement – the interview is over

2.Panic – did I really say that in the MMI? Ugh.

3.Contemplation – Ok, I also said some good things

4.Analysis – sizing up the competition. I wonder how everyone else did???

5.Excitement (take II) – what I if do get in? Where to live? What residency will I do? What is the deal with LOCs? Those courses look like fun!

6.Reality tripping – everyone at the MMI looked pretty smart. Hmmm, what am I going to do all year when I don’t get in…?

7.Acceptance of the situation – what am I going to do until May 13th?

I think I’ve hit #7, screw it, I’m going fishing. Did I miss any stages?

Hope you're all doing well.

Good luck May 13th.

sd

How is everyone holding up out there? I am progressing more quickly through the stages of post interview depression (oppression?) than last year.

1.Excitement – the interview is over

2.Panic – did I really say that in the MMI? Ugh.

3.Contemplation – Ok, I also said some good things

4.Analysis – sizing up the competition. I wonder how everyone else did???

5.Excitement (take II) – what I if do get in? Where to live? What residency will I do? What is the deal with LOCs? Those courses look like fun!

6.Reality tripping – everyone at the MMI looked pretty smart. Hmmm, what am I going to do all year when I don’t get in…?

7.Acceptance of the situation – what am I going to do until May 13th?

I think I’ve hit #7, screw it, I’m going fishing. Did I miss any stages?

Hope you're all doing well.

Good luck May 13th.

sd

I revisit #2 at least a few times a week - that damn grandfather clock station will haunt me forever.

Studying and League of Legends is keeping me busy!

Archived