Premed 101 Forums

The countdown has begun

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
How is everyone holding up out there? I am progressing more quickly through the stages of post interview depression (oppression?) than last year.

1.Excitement – the interview is over

2.Panic – did I really say that in the MMI? Ugh.

3.Contemplation – Ok, I also said some good things

4.Analysis – sizing up the competition. I wonder how everyone else did???

5.Excitement (take II) – what I if do get in? Where to live? What residency will I do? What is the deal with LOCs? Those courses look like fun!

6.Reality tripping – everyone at the MMI looked pretty smart. Hmmm, what am I going to do all year when I don’t get in…?

7.Acceptance of the situation – what am I going to do until May 13th?

I think I’ve hit #7, screw it, I’m going fishing. Did I miss any stages?

Hope you're all doing well.

Good luck May 13th.

sd

I definitely missed #8. Panic as if my hair is on fire every time my phone vibrates when I get a new email.

(I have somehow found myself stuck in #8 5 days too early).

:P

3 more days! To every one of you waiting, I want you to remember forever what it feels like right now. Remember the agony, the anxiety, the difficulty of not knowing the decision. When you are in medical school (and most of you will, if not this year then another, for you are great candidates already to have made it to the interview), these days are the ones that will keep you going. Recalling the hardship and difficulty associated with admission is one of the best drives when life in medical school gets challenging.

Remember the next 3 days. Document them. Write down something.

One day, you will look back on this.

And it could change your day.

My heartfelt best wishes to everyone. To those of you that don't get in this year, I can only say try and try again. Most med students try more than once to get in. With the right effort and the right circumstances, things will work in your favour.

Good luck, Sask interviewees 2018!

Archived