Premed 101 Forums

How are you killing time until the 13th

That's correct, SAM didn't ever have a list of offers. There was just an option to accept an offer from a school in the dropdown (but there were schools listed that I hadn't even applied to). The e-mails from the schools/online portal for Queens are how you find out. I was totally paranoid that I did it wrong because of how SAM is laid out, haha.

Okay I'm now confused what the role of SAM is...

Can you please explain it again..? :o

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Okay I'm now confused what the role of SAM is...

Can you please explain it again..? :o

When we accept medical school it has to go through the OMSAS system (known as SAM, Secure Applicant Messaging), so that 1) it is a secure system where they can confirm that it is indeed us that is making the decision; and 2) they can make a master list of applicants and remove us from the waitlist of other schools.

SAM does not change according to each applicant, in that when you go to accept your "acceptance" to a school, it offers you a drop-down list of all the medical schools in Ontario. So don't log in early expecting it to show you where you've got offers to.

Hope that helps clarify things!

When we accept medical school it has to go through the OMSAS system (known as SAM, Secure Applicant Messaging), so that 1) it is a secure system where they can confirm that it is indeed us that is making the decision; and 2) they can make a master list of applicants and remove us from the waitlist of other schools.

SAM does not change according to each applicant, in that when you go to accept your "acceptance" to a school, it offers you a drop-down list of all the medical schools in Ontario. So don't log in early expecting it to show you where you've got offers to.

Hope that helps clarify things!

Yes it does! Thanks, dassy!

I'm just really interested to see if Queen's manages to screw up again and decisions are released early like last year. I didn't even apply to Queen's this year but that was crazy :eek:

I hope that everyone hears great news on Tuesday!!

Sooo jealous that you've already gotten the great news and can relax. Congrats! Did you apply anywhere else?

Sooo jealous that you've already gotten the great news and can relax. Congrats! Did you apply anywhere else?

Thanks - the early acceptance from Dal is certainly making this wait a lot less stressful, but I have been in your shoes in previous years :). You're almost there!! Just a few more days :)

I only interviewed at one other school (UofT) but I'm 95% certain that I'm choosing Dal regardless of Tuesday's news. I'm still excited though!

I remember being really occupied by a huge exam this time last month which sort of diverted my attention. But the week before the big day I just couldn't concentrate on studying anymore and started gaming like crazy to settle down my nerves.

Best of luck to everyone!

I'm so worried.. last few days have felt like ages

I actually feel that the last few days have been better. Something about the higher fraction of time remaining passing each day I think.

As in, when there were 60 days left, 1 day passing was nothing, but now, 1 day is 1/3 of the remaining time.

It's still hard, but better for me, I think.

Archived