Premed 101 Forums

How are you killing time until the 13th

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I highly recommend True Detective. It's only 8 episodes, so there's lots of time to start and finish it before the 13th.

Agreed. Rick and Morty, House of Cards, and Suits are also all awesome shows to check out if you're looking for even more to kill time.

What are everyone's plans post acceptance?? Apart from the obvious consumption of copious amounts of EtOH lol

Lots of celebrating/EtOH. Quitting my job/reducing hours. Planning travel. Doing said travelling. Planning for the fall (move/apartment/furniture/etc).

What are everyone's plans post acceptance?? Apart from the obvious consumption of copious amounts of EtOH lol

Trying not to think that far ahead so a rejection would hurt less. But yes, I would be able to drop a lot of volunteering and have some time to myself to just relax. If I'm lucky, I can go on my first vacation ever too.

On Tuesday morning when the acceptance information is released will we receive an email from OMSAS saying what the status is at each school we interviewed with or will the email only contain information needed to log into a website which will ultimately contain the desired information?

Also can someone confirm that high waitlist and closer to an offer than low waitlist? This seems right to me but I'd like to confirm. What, roughly, are the chances of moving off a high waitlist and into an offer position? I know that it varies school to school and year to year.

This is my first time through the application cycle.

On Tuesday morning when the acceptance information is released will we receive an email from OMSAS saying what the status is at each school we interviewed with or will the email only contain information needed to log into a website which will ultimately contain the desired information?

Also can someone confirm that high waitlist and closer to an offer than low waitlist? This seems right to me but I'd like to confirm. What, roughly, are the chances of moving off a high waitlist and into an offer position? I know that it varies school to school and year to year.

This is my first time through the application cycle.

I could be wrong, but I think we just get emails from individual schools.

As far as I remember, but someone may correct me, SAM doesn't ever change. It just allows you to say I'd like to accept this school from a list of the schools you applied to. Can someone who was accepted verify this?

Also every school emails you separately with results, except queens which emails and has an online site to check.

Most schools don't reveal ?) you will have a very good shot if you're on the good waitlist.

hope that helps :)

That's correct, SAM didn't ever have a list of offers. There was just an option to accept an offer from a school in the dropdown (but there were schools listed that I hadn't even applied to). The e-mails from the schools/online portal for Queens are how you find out. I was totally paranoid that I did it wrong because of how SAM is laid out, haha.

Archived