Premed 101 Forums

May 13th countdown thread!

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seriously no one's gotten anything yet?! I got accepted half an hour ago but now I'm getting super scared, especially cause it's the only acceptance I have (so far)! If I lose it I'll be devastated!

Dear [my name],

I'm very pleased to let you know that you are receiving an offer of admission from the Schulich School of Medicine & Dentistry

Congratulations on your offer of admission to Schulich Medicine!

Kathy Sadler, Manager

Office of Admissions

Schulich School of Medicine & Dentistry

(no attachment)

Sorry for the misinformation earlier. They should be trickling out now (and definitely before 5pm, we went and asked; they did not give us specifics but said it's definitely coming out today!!)

Also, please check your junk mail folders! -->acceptances came in waves last year as well so someone posted above us that they have one, they will start trickling through.

^^and yes Kathy Sadler is one of the admissions email ladies; not trolling

Seriously no one's gotten anything yet?! I got accepted half an hour ago but now I'm getting super scared, especially cause it's the only acceptance I have! If I lose it I'll be devastated!

(no attachment)

Last initial and timestamp? We think it might be alphabetical. :P

Edit: CONGRATS BTW. Haha. So rude of me.

Seriously no one's gotten anything yet?! I got accepted half an hour ago but now I'm getting super scared, especially cause it's the only acceptance I have! If I lose it I'll be devastated!

(no attachment)

I think jmatt1122's right, they're doing this one-by-one (or in waves) and likely not through an automatic system. If you got that e-mail from the school that says you're accepted, I'd treat that as real. Congrats!

As for the lack of attachment, follow-up with the school once all the invite craziness has died down (so maybe tomorrow :P) That's probably just a simple oversight, not indicative of anything :D

Hey guys,

So i was freaking out too, i got an acceptance (same email as posted above) and called kathy, she had me send her the email to check why i didn't receive an attachment. Got a call back a little later saying that their server was having a problem but the acceptance is real (YAYYYY) and that emails will be resent with the letter attached. So I would say its pretty safe to say the emails your getting are real - CONGRATS!!

Hey guys,

So i was freaking out too, i got an acceptance (same email as posted above) and called kathy, she had me send her the email to check why i didn't receive an attachment. Got a call back a little later saying that their server was having a problem but the acceptance is real (YAYYYY) and that emails will be resent with the letter attached. So I would say its pretty safe to say the emails your getting are real - CONGRATS!!

Awesome thanks for calling, congrats!!

Archived