Premed 101 Forums

interview question: what would your friends say about you?

Guest mydream88

Guest mydream88

Hi guys,

I was wondering how your day was going and the following:

when interviewers ask you "what would your friends say about you" or some variation of this question, what do you think they are trying to find out?

cheers,

mydream88:D

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there,

This one could be used to dig around to see if you can be honest, or if at the beginning of an interview, perhaps as an icebreaker. :) It is also one of those questions that begs a stereotypical response, e.g., "Well, that I'm always busy and have way too much on the go", etc. You might want to consider some answers that may be more effective since they are sincere, non-stereotypical, and which would not deem you to be too much of a sociopath nor oddball. :)

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Guest coastal79

This question is utterly meaningless because all anyone is going to do is spout out what they themselves think their friends would say about them. Interviewers will probably know this. I asked this in a job interview a few months ago, felt like such a putz, said that it was a dumb question, and then moved on.

Guest mydream88

I get it: one shouldn't respond with "my friends wish I would go out more as I am soooooooooo dedicated to my studies and volunteer work"! Perhaps they are looking to see that we socialize/balance our lifestyle?

mydream88

Archived