Premed 101 Forums

Matching into Pediatrics (McGill, Toronto)

aquablue

Do you guys know if you have to complete an on-site elective to be considered for an interview and to subsequently match? I know on CaRMS, it says no but rumors have it that both McGill and Toronto favour those who complete an elective at their sites.

If you do an elective at another department at McGill and Toronto other than peds, does that still count as doing an on-site elective?

Thanks!

The politically correct answer is no.

But considering the large number of applicants who are doing onsite electives, I think the programs already have way more than enough stellar applicants to pick from.

If Toronto or McGill is even close to your top 3 choices, you should definitely do an onsite elective to be even remotely competitive.

Hello aquablue,

I knew a person at my school who matched into Pediatrics at University of Toronto this year and she did an onsite elective of 3 weeks during the summer..

Nevertheless, she was a very strong candidate and she had an impeccable application....It may also be explained by her amazing application :)

If you could manage to do an onsite elective at UofT or McGill, then don't hesitate and grab the chance :)

Do you guys know if you have to complete an on-site elective to be considered for an interview and to subsequently match? I know on CaRMS, it says no but rumors have it that both McGill and Toronto favour those who complete an elective at their sites.

If you do an elective at another department at McGill and Toronto other than peds, does that still count as doing an on-site elective?

Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

Archived