Premed 101 Forums

Temporary Replacement for Interviewfeedback.com

Guest PeterHill0501

Guest PeterHill0501

Since interviewfeedback.com is temporarily out of commission I was wondering whether there would be any interest in providing similar information in a thread at this site until interviewfeedback.com has been restored?

Interviewfeedback.com was extremely valuable to me prior to my interview and I feel badly for those who still have interviews that aren't able to take advantage of this type of information...what does everyone think? If people seem keen, I certainly would be willing to kick off the thread.

I think that'd be a good idea. We could either start a thread for each school of interest here or do it in the respective forum of each school...

Guest Ian Wong

One per forum would probably be the best. A Subject Heading like: "U of T Interview Feedback" in the U of T forum would probably work quite well. Just make sure in your original message that you specify what kind of information you are looking for, so that any potential contributors can get an idea of what information you want.

Ian

UBC, Med 3

Guest PeterHill0501

Thanks for the guidance Ian. I'm going to kick off the Ottawa feedback thread. My belief is that we should keep the same questions that are posed in the interviewfeedback.com site. That is how I will structure my post and I guess we'll see how people respond.

Guest PeterHill0501

Here is the text from the thread I started for Ottawa. For consistency, please feel free to re-use the following text which is essentially a carbon copy of the information from http://www.interviewfeedback.com . I hope this will be helpful...

U of O Interview Feedback

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the spirit of continuing to enable people to take advantage of the excellent information provided through the http://www.interviewfeedback.com website I suggested starting a thread in this forum which could contain the same information until the original website has been restored. One of the moderators suggested creating a thread relevant to each school...so here it is for Ottawa. To keep things consistent and to potentially enable the creators of interviewfeedback.com to encorporate the information without requiring individuals to re-enter their information, I am proposing to use the same questions. I would recommend cutting and pasting the questions and then editing them with your feedback...here they are:

a) Name of school visited

B) Date of your interview (mmm dd, yyyy)

c.1) Type of program for which you interviewed: (md, md/phd)

c.2) Comment:

1.1 When invited to the interview, were you given options or choices in arranging the date of the interview? (yes, no)

1.2 Comment:

2.1 Were you given options or choices in arranging the location of the interview? (yes, no)

2.2 The interview was (insert location).

2.3 Comment (e.g., if regional, was travel convenient):

3.1 Were you told in detail how your interview visit would be structured? (yes, no)

3.2 Comment:

4.1 How many interviews were scheduled?

4.2 Were you given time to relax between interviews? (yes, no, n/a)

4.3 Comment:

5.1 The interviews were conducted (one-on-one, by a group) and were (closed-file, open-file).

5.2 Comment (e.g., if you had a group interview, how many in the interview group):

6.1 How long did the interview(s) last? (minutes)

7.1 Who were the interviewers? (i.e., how many of each kind of interviewer was present?)

- x basic science faculty members

- x clinical science faculty members

- x students

- x school administrators

- x others

7.2 Comment:

8.0 What was the most interesting question you were asked?

9.0 What was the most difficult question you were asked?

10.1 Did you feel prepared for the questions asked? (yes, no)

10.2 Comment:

11.0 How did you prepare for the interview?

12.1 At the end of the interview were you given any feedback (positive or negative) by the interviewer(s) about your chances of admission? (yes, no)

12.2 Comment:

13.0 Describe your impressions of:

13.1 the interveriewer's attitude:

13.2 the friendliness of the faculty:

13.3 the friendliness of the students:

13.4 the friendliness of the office personnel:

13.5 the location/environment of the school:

13.6 the facilities (classrooms):

13.7 the facilities (library):

13.8 the facilities (the teaching laboratories):

13.9 the facilities (the research facilities):

13.10 the facilities (the student lounges/recreation facilities):

14.1 Were you given a tour of the school? (yes, no)

14.2 The tour was given by (a student, a faculty member, an admissions staff person):

14.3 Was your tour guide a member of the admissions committee? (yes, no, I don't know)

14.4 Comment:

15.0 What impressed you most during your visit?

16.0 What impressed you least?

17.1 Did you see or experience anything which decreased your interest in attending that school? (yes, no)

17.2 Comment:

18.0 What did you discover during your visit which you wish you had known ahead of time?

19.0 Please make any recommendations about travel to the school:

20.0 What other advice can you offer any future applicant interviewing at this school?

Archived