Premed 101 Forums

Transcripts not received?

Guest angelcali

Guest angelcali

Hi everyone,

I have a huge dilemma: I sent all my transcripts to OMSAS early September, but when I received my verification in the mail yesterday, it specified that they had not received them and could not verify my grades.

Has anyone ever had this problem? Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I could do?

I'm going to call them on January 3rd and send another transcript to OMSAS just in case, but I read somewhere that it is up to each individual med school as to whether or not to accept a new transcript.

This is so awful :( . Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Guest Elaine I

I just received my OMSAS verification form, and have the same problem. Five of my seven transcripts are marked as received, but those from Dalhousie and Athabasca are not. (However, they were received by the University of Calgary, which makes me a bit suspicious that they may have been lost by OMSAS, rather than not sent by the schools.)

I will be contacting each of the medical schools I applied to to explain the situation. Given that they are closed for another week, does anyone have a similar experience with any of the Ontario medical schools? I applied to Western, Toronto, Northern and Queen's (but will be rejected from Queen's, due to my MCAT not being 32). I'm a bit nervous that I may have missed the opportunity for file review.

Thanks,

Elaine

Guest viswaka

Same situation here. One of my transcripts has not been received by OMSAS (have the letter from the university saying that they sent it).

Should I ask the university to send it again?

Thanks

Guest angelcali

I don't have an actual letter that says I've sent the transcript. However, I have an online record of all the transcripts I've sent out, which shows I sent the transcript to OUAC/OMSAS. I intend to call OMSAS when they're open again -- hopefully they'll be understanding and accept another copy of the transcript.

• 1 year later...

Hey,

Yeah, there's nothing that screams newbie like dredging up threads that have been dead for over a year, not that there's anything wrong with that- it happens all the time. :) I'm sure that no news is good news, because if something had gone wrong, we probably would have heard about it. Or not...

Archived