Premed 101 Forums

Reference Letters...still Not Submitted

lado1234

Hey folks,

Soooo several of the individuals who agreed to write me reference letters still haven't submitted them - its kinda nerve wracking. For those who have been through CaRMS when did you start sending "friendly reminders" and all that?

Its been over a month of many of the referees that I spoke with and who agreed to write me letters and yet none of them have submitted the letters yet - is it unreasonable to send them a friendly reminder email this coming weekend of November?

Thanks!!

Hey folks,

Soooo several of the individuals who agreed to write me reference letters still haven't submitted them - its kinda nerve wracking. For those who have been through CaRMS when did you start sending "friendly reminders" and all that?

Its been over a month of many of the referees that I spoke with and who agreed to write me letters and yet none of them have submitted the letters yet - is it unreasonable to send them a friendly reminder email this coming weekend of November?

Thanks!!

it's also stressful when letter gets lost before reaching carms :(

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone else still have LORs not submitted?!! I have already sent a few reminder emails to one referee that is still "requested" (both through CaRMS & personal email).

Anyone go through this and have suggestions? Do many referees (incl PD's) wait until the last week before letters are unmasked to upload letters?!

Sincerely, 

Anxious 

Anyone else still have LORs not submitted?!! I have already sent a few reminder emails to one referee that is still "requested" (both through CaRMS & personal email).

Anyone go through this and have suggestions? Do many referees (incl PD's) wait until the last week before letters are unmasked to upload letters?!

Sincerely, 

Anxious 

do you have other people writing you letters? You should start emailing other docs now.......

Sincerely, 

Anxious 

Hey, I'm still waiting on mine.  But I called her about two weeks ago, and she seemed really excited about writing the letter..however it hasn't been submitted yet.  So i'm anxiously waiting too.  I would send a friendly reminder, and call if you dont a response.

has anyone heard of any referees "forgetting" to submit a letter??

I know some people do. I didn't because I wanted to make sure they read the three ones I want them to read (specific to the specialty) rather than maybe skip one for a more general letter. I know some of my friends named their letters "Reference Letter 1" and so on so they would hopefully read the first three, which were their "preferred" letters, and then either read or ignore the others.

If a school lists "3  Letter of Reference" in the orange required supporting documentation section, do people ever risk not following instructions and send in more than 3 LORs?

At least one school says "Extra letters would be detrimental to your application" hidden on the page somewhere.

Read carefully! I only sent what was asked for.

If a school lists "3  Letter of Reference" in the orange required supporting documentation section, do people ever risk not following instructions and send in more than 3 LORs?

Archived