Premed 101 Forums

Does A Rejected Application Affect Your Chances The Next Time?

Hi all,

New to the forum, what an extraordinary source of information, thanks to all who reply.

I had a question about the application process. I feel I'm going to cut it a bit close this year applying to Mac and Western with a 3.7 GPA, and what I consider to be on the low side for  supervised clinical hours based on some of the rumors I've heard about"ideal application profiles" for those schools. 

I feel very passionately about getting into a physiotherapy program, so naturally I want to give myself the best chance to get in. Does anyone know if a rejection this year could negatively impact me if I tried again a second time next year? Or is gaining this experience now not a bad thing? 

Thanks in advance! 

Hey Mich,

It should have no effect on your application next year ... If anything, you know exactly what to expect next time around. I feel like Western and Queen's will be your best shot this year. Mac cutoff will most likely to be >3.75 (but no harm in trying I suppose, anything can happen). Western cutoff will be a lot lower this year because they've included personal statements and such. 

ha - did I miss something :) Did Western change an aspect of their application process openly?

I'm also confused about this... as a current Western student (although in OT...) I'm pretty sure grades are still weighted very heavily in all of their professional programs. I would be very surprised if their entering average wasn't still >3.75, even with additional entering requirements.

Archived