Premed 101 Forums

Queen's Pt Questions? Bring Them Here :)

Hey Future PT/OTs :) 

I'm applying to PT this cycle and had some questions for Queen's University, so I have a friend who works in their PT program who is going to meet with me to answer any questions about applications, the program etc. Do you guys have any questions you would like answered- I have my own list but thought while I'm there I could ask some for everyone else and then post my findings (both for our benefits and for future applicants) :) 

Hi PT2017

That is so nice of you thank you. I would like to know if my application will be considered for this year, if my sub-GPA will only reach 3.5 by June 2015. As of Dec 2014, unfortunately I did not do so well in my last course and have to retake them.

Does Queen's have a good support for students with learning challenges, and has this been an issue for current students?

Thank you.

Hi pt.2017

Thanks for posting! If you haven't already asked your friend, I have a question! I've been trying to contact Queen's for the past month (a few emails to a couple different people, phone calls...) and I haven't heard back :(

In regards to prerequisites, I took an AP intro psychology course in high school. Although I haven't taken an intro psych course in university (because I already have the AP credits I wasn't allowed), I've taken many other psychology courses (social, behavioural, human sexuality, etc.). How should I report my intro psychology prerequisite on the ORPAS site?

If you or anyone else can help me, I'd be extremely grateful!

Sorry didn't get to ask the question for hotwheels. 

To be honest, my meeting with the Queen's person and subsequent meetings with current students has changed my mind about Queens and I will no longer be applying there. The attitude (from what I experienced) was very elitist and I didn't get a good sense from the students that they enjoyed the program. 

Aspiringphysio-I was told that your marks would most likely not be high enough, but that it doesn't hurt to try. I met with an admission coordinator who was quite rude-in speaking with students, the support at Queen's can be ok, but most of the time falls short of what other schools offer. Overall, I got the feeling that Queen's wants to take students money, but is not looking to improve on their program overall. Definitely a disappointment as I was looking forward to applying to Queens, but am glad I will not be applying there as I don't think it would have been a good fit. 

Archived