Year 1: 10 Full credits

Summer : 2 credits 

Year 2: 10 Full credits

Summer: 0 credits

Year 3: 9 Full credits

Summer: 0 Credits

Year 4: 10 Full credits

Summer: 0 Credits

Is my year 3 eligible for the WGPA even though i took less than 10 full credits? 

I dont think it is, basically your summer course needs to be in the same academic year. I think in your case your 4th yr will be multiplied by 3, your second year by 2 and your first year by 1.

By their rules:

A full‐time academic year in which the student takes the equivalent of four (4) full‐year courses is accepted and counted in the Weighted Grade Point Average (WGPA) calculation only if the missing course/credit is completed either as an additional course within another academic year or as a summer course. Individual courses taken during a summer session are accepted for the credit value in this instance; however, the mark obtained is not counted in the calculation of the WGPA. Any year with less than four full‐year courses will not count as a full‐time year of study. A full‐time summer semester does not replace a semester of studies within an academic year.

Doesn't actually say that course has to be in the same academic year( says something else somewhere else? ha, always fun finding the rules).

• 2 weeks later...

Called in.

THey specified;

If you have a year with less than a full course load i.e. sub 10 half courses and take at least 8 half courses, you can make up the last 2 courses in ANY year.

E.g. If you took 9 courses inFirst year, 10 in second year, 10 in third year - 1 summer course after third year, your wGPA = 1st, 2nd 3rd year.

You must have completed the courses BEFORE application cycle.

Thank you for sharing the information. I have an important question. Can you complete courses after graduation to make up for a full courseload or must it be done prior to graduation (for Ottawa)? Of course, this is assuming that I apply after graduation.

Archived