Premed 101 Forums

Dropping Extra Course (Urgent)

I already finished my undergraduate.  I am currently taking an extra online course at another university  to fulfill a prerequisite (only course I am taking at that university). However, I no longer need the course and I have a really heavy workload (full) now. I am wondering if withdrawing from the course (with a W on my transcript from this online university). I am wondering if there would be any "repercussions" with a withdrawn course?

one W shouldn't bring up any alarm bells at any school. The schools I am applying to do not calculate a W as an F so maybe you should email your schools you want to apply to and ask them the same thing

yeah generally if the school you are doing the course is doesn't view it as a failure then neither will the med school you are applying to.

You can follow up with the schools of course! - this is of course something that happens all the time and people haven't had any issue with it :)

Thank you both for the reply. 

I am just wondering what schools are you applying to?

Hey no problem. I am not applying until 2016 at the earliest, and then my target schools are UBC, University of Calgary, and Queens, with a few others. I may add a few other schools, but UBC is my main school that I'm targeting.

Archived