Premed 101 Forums

University Of Manitoba Ot Interview

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys! I've decided to give up my interview spot for U of M OT (OOP). I am waitlisted at UBC right now and even though there is a chance I won't be accepted, I am going to try again next year (unless I'm accepted to U of A). I honestly can't see myself spending two years in Manitoba so I've decided to not attend the interview. Good luck to those who are attending :)

Hey guys! I've decided to give up my interview spot for U of M OT (OOP). I am waitlisted at UBC right now and even though there is a chance I won't be accepted, I am going to try again next year (unless I'm accepted to U of A). I honestly can't see myself spending two years in Manitoba so I've decided to not attend the interview. Good luck to those who are attending :)

----------

Hey! What number are you on the list for UBC ?

That is kind of sad since Manitoba is not as bad as you think. Yes it is cold but it is a pretty great place to live. People are friendly too. This is coming from someone  born and raised in a tropical country and moved to Manitoba six years ago. But u have ur reasons. All the best with UBC

That is kind of sad since Manitoba is not as bad as you think. Yes it is cold but it is a pretty great place to live. People are friendly too. This is coming from someone  born and raised in a tropical country and moved to Manitoba six years ago. But u have ur reasons. All the best with UBC

I don't doubt at all that Manitoba is a great place to live and that the people are friendly, it's just not for me. I really am not sure why I even applied when in my heart I knew I wouldn't go if invited for an interview. U of M was at the bottom of my list of schools to go to in Canada (for several different reasons). I'm not knocking the program or the school, I just had planned on going to one of my top choice schools. If not accepted to my top choices this year, I am completely fine with applying again next year.

I don't doubt at all that Manitoba is a great place to live and that the people are friendly, it's just not for me. I really am not sure why I even applied when in my heart I knew I wouldn't go if invited for an interview. U of M was at the bottom of my list of schools to go to in Canada (for several different reasons). I'm not knocking the program or the school, I just had planned on going to one of my top choice schools. If not accepted to my top choices this year, I am completely fine with applying again next year.

fair enough. good luck then  :)

Hi OTgirl99,

I'm curious if you have formally given up your interview spot to UofM OT. I'm #1 on the waitlist so I'm really hoping I will get a call soon.

Hi OTgirl99,

I'm curious if you have formally given up your interview spot to UofM OT. I'm #1 on the waitlist so I'm really hoping I will get a call soon.

Goodluck OT17,

Am keeping my fingers crossed for you. But i have to ask are you OOP? because they might have separate waitlists for residents and OOP students. And if they do, I hope if an OOP like OTgirl99 gives up their spot, they fill it up with another OOP to give you a chance. Best of luck.

Goodluck OT17,

Am keeping my fingers crossed for you. But i have to ask are you OOP? because they might have separate waitlists for residents and OOP students. And if they do, I hope if an OOP like OTgirl99 gives up their spot, they fill it up with another OOP to give you a chance. Best of luck.

Hi passionate4physio,

I am an OOP applicant but I spoke with Lisa yesterday and she informed me that I am first on the waiting list. She said if any person (in province or OOP) gives up their spot then I will be the next to recieve an offer. Hopefully one person will give up their spot. Anyways, I appreciate the support and Goodluck to you as well! Fingers crossed!

Hi passionate4physio,

I am an OOP applicant but I spoke with Lisa yesterday and she informed me that I am first on the waiting list. She said if any person (in province or OOP) gives up their spot then I will be the next to recieve an offer. Hopefully one person will give up their spot. Anyways, I appreciate the support and Goodluck to you as well! Fingers crossed!

That is good news. Am expecting to hear that you got in sooner than later. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived