Premed 101 Forums

May 15Th, 2015 Support Thread

I guess the accuracy of correlation also depends on the kind of feelings you are comparing it with: your expectation of a flaw less interview, comparison with your friends or just the general gut feeling based on answers & interviewers reactions.

My perception of how well I did changes daily, some days I feel I nailed it, others I bombed it. Torture <_< .

I feel like I want to throw up everytime I think about some of the answers I gave that day....

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Me too, I still think about it now and I cringe everytime I think about my answers like "Ugh why did I say THAT....or why didn't I mention THAT!?!!?"

Haha. You're not alone :P

Ok so I'm not alone then haha.. for someone reason all of the ppl I knew who interviewed at UBC this year were super happy with their performance...! I kind of felt like a loser walking out 

Do you guys know anyone who got accepted with similar post-interview feelings? lol 

You will know next Friday. B)

Ok so I'm not alone then haha.. for someone reason all of the ppl I knew who interviewed at UBC this year were super happy with their performance...! I kind of felt like a loser walking out 

Do you guys know anyone who got accepted with similar post-interview feelings? lol 

I'm trying so hard to justify to myself I would prefer life in Calgary over Vancouver. I am the happiest man ever that I got accepted to Calgary, but geez I honestly do not care about the results of any other school I interviewed at other than here. UBC y u do dis to me

-_-^_^

I'm trying so hard to justify to myself I would prefer life in Calgary over Vancouver. I am the happiest man ever that I got accepted to Calgary, but geez I honestly do not care about the results of any other school I interviewed at other than here. UBC y u do dis to me

-_-^_^

He he I'd love to have your problem! But I understand the anxiety nonetheless :) I'm sure you'll get to make the choice between the two!

-_-^_^

haha like Gohan said, I wish I had your problem lol for me it's either I get in, or go back to write the new MCAT and all over again from day 1

Hope you get more good news. That will make the waitlist moving forward. :)

-_-^_^

Hey guys!

Just got the news today I was rejected by the U of A (wasn't going to attend regardless, since I would choose Calgary over it)

I thought I did fairly well at my U of A MMI, definitely better than my U of C one. The MMI at U of C is worth 50 while at the U of A is is worth 30. My U of A MMI score is laughable. My pre-interview scores at U of A were quite strong

The point I am trying to make is that you never know what is going to happen, and don't beat yourself up based on the result this Friday. Persistence will pay off in the end. Worst case scenario, the biggest advice I can give is to start building an alternate career in the mean time if you feel you are getting "late", or explore other options (USMD etc.). That is the only thing that gave me peace of mind this year

Best of luck everyone :)

Hey guys!

Just got the news today I was rejected by the U of A (wasn't going to attend regardless, since I would choose Calgary over it)

I thought I did fairly well at my U of A MMI, definitely better than my U of C one. The MMI at U of C is worth 50 while at the U of A is is worth 30. My U of A MMI score is laughable. My pre-interview scores at U of A were quite strong

The point I am trying to make is that you never know what is going to happen, and don't beat yourself up based on the result this Friday. Persistence will pay off in the end. Worst case scenario, the biggest advice I can give is to start building an alternate career in the mean time if you feel you are getting "late", or explore other options (USMD etc.). That is the only thing that gave me peace of mind this year

Best of luck everyone :)

So different schools look for different things in the MMI.

Archived