Premed 101 Forums

For Courses Counted In Sgpa, Does It Matter What Level The Courses Are?

Hi everyone!!

I understand how stressful this time is so I hope everyone is receiving some great news.

I plan to apply to OT next year and intend to take some courses in the fall to boost my sGPA to hopefully be more competitive.

I'm wondering if anyone knows how strict the requirements will be regarding what level year courses they prefer you to take?

For example, I read UofA prefers 3rd/4th year courses but I'm not sure how strict they are about it. I have 1 first year course and some mandatory 2nd year courses I took that is going to be included in the sGPA calculation, so I hope that doesn't hurt my chances?

If anyone has any insight, I would really appreciate it!

Thanks and good luck :D

It really depends on the school that you are applying to. UBC for example only looks at your upper level courses where ORPAS just looks at your last 60 regardless of what level they are. I think with U of A as long as all the courses you are taking aren't lower level ones you should be fine. I just got accepted for OT and had 5 lower level courses in my last 60.

It really depends on the school that you are applying to. UBC for example only looks at your upper level courses where ORPAS just looks at your last 60 regardless of what level they are. I think with U of A as long as all the courses you are taking aren't lower level ones you should be fine. I just got accepted for OT and had 5 lower level courses in my last 60.

Agreed, it depends on the school. I was also accepted to UofA OT and I have a few lower level courses in my last 60 credits.

Archived