Premed 101 Forums

This Weekend Was Quite An Experience - What A Journey..

First of all, I would like to congratulate all my fellow applicants who took part in the CAP and MMI over the weekend.

As I'm sitting here reflecting upon it, I feel it flew by so fast yet so slow.

To be honest, UofT is my first option and always has been for different reasons. 

But after this weekend, as I learned a lot just from being in each school for a few hours, I got to say McMaster's program for some reason has really sold it for me.  The way they organized and facilitated the entire interview process - from having us sit in small groups for more than half an hour with a "staff" at each table for us to ask questions, mingle and feel relaxed,  to providing a moment after it all for us to gather once again and ask questions in a designated room. Hell they even had bagels and candies although I didn't eat any.  

And damn each and every one of their facilitators, past students, volunteers were so nice and bubbly it was crazy... except this one who ran my writing station part, she was awkward but I'm sure she's amazing after knowing her more.

I still love UofT and it has always been a fantasy school of mine (just because..) and their interview process was good as well, my intention isn't to bash on them. But I felt Mac really hit their nail on the head in showing care for the students and promoting their program.  I don't even know why I'm posting this.. but I'm wondering if anyone felt the same. I had questions after the CAP but I felt the rush to ask just one to Daniella at the lobby as she was the only one and she seemed hella busy..

As a current Mac PT student, and one of the greeters in the before & after rooms last weekend, I'm glad you had a good experience here :D

U of T is a great school, and I had a tough decision last spring choosing between U of T and Mac. I hope you are faced with the same decision, as it is nice to have options. Best of luck!

I feel the same way! It was a crazy weekend with a lot of stress lol. I wish there were current students at U of T who were intermingling with us before the CAP to talk about the program and such rather than just all standing together at the front and it did feel really kind of hectic, which I understand because of all the people and stuff going on but it probably could have been a bit better organized. "CodyDreas" You said you've always wanted to go to U of T... do you have anything to share about their program/facility? Going to the CAP was the first time I've been in Toronto and don't know anyone who's gone there for PT, so I really don't have any insight about it. 

Archived