Premed 101 Forums

Orpas Sub-Gpa Calculation

Hello everyone,

I have a quick question regarding sub-GPA calculation ... ORPAS states that the subGPA is calculated by adding the ORPAS converted grades and course lengths beginning with the most recent grouping/duration, to a total of 20 ORPAS course lengths. Where course grades/lengths must be extracted from a grouping/ duration to make up the 20 course grades/lengths required, the average of the next grouping/ duration of ORPAS GPA values will be used. In the situation, where “Fulltime”, “Supplementary” and “Semester” durations exist for the same year, the “Supplementary” grades will be used first, then “Semester” and then “Fulltime”.

I am confused about the part that is highlighted. So if I took a summer course (supplementary) in 2014, will they use my summer course grade before my 2014/2015 Fall/Winter grades (full-time)?

Thank you for your time,

So if I have taken or will be taking: 

5 courses this upcoming 2015 Fall session. 

4 courses in the Spring/Summer 2015
10 courses during 2014/2015 Fall/Winter term
4 courses during 2014 Spring/Summer 2014

Is ORPAS going to extract an additional 1 course from the average of 2014 Spring/Summer 2014 or will they count the 4 courses from 2014 Spring/Summer term (supplementary) FIRST, followed by taking 7 courses with the average of 2014/2015 Fall/Winter session (Full-time)?

I ask this because on the ORPAS package it says In the situation, where “Fulltime”, “Supplementary” and “Semester” durations exist for the same year, the “Supplementary” grades will be used first, then “Semester” and then “Fulltime”.

Good luck to everyone who's applied this year !

Archived