Premed 101 Forums

I have been accepted to both McGill Biological, Biomedical, and Life Sciences and McMaster Integrated Sciences programs. I am torn between where to go for my undergraduate year. Since my ultimate goal is medical school, GPA is an incredibly important deciding factor, and from what I have heard, Integrated Sciences does offer an easier mark. However, I feel as if I would enjoy my time at university more at McGill, as it offers a more enjoyable environment and a biology centred program, which is something I would enjoy more. Both programs are research focused, although Integrated Sciences has a research component that is more guided and intensive. McMaster's program is focused on interdisciplinary science rather than biology, which is something that turns me off its program. It is also very restrictive, in that electives are limited, while McGill has more of a traditional university schedule.

I have 2 weeks to decide. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks!

Loved the McGill program. And countless of my classmates got into Med, myself included. Couldn't recommend it more.

I concur with the above poster with regards to prestige, though. I wouldn't think of it as an important factor. Think of curriculum, city, and other pull factors when making your decision.

Prestige isn't going to matter if you can't get into medical school. And besides, McMaster is well known for its life sciences.

With that being said go where you are happy. If you are going to be happiest at McGill go to McGill. Its not as if you got into Mac Health Sciences.

I have heard lovely things about the McMaster integrated science program. I was under the impression you choose a focus for the program to tailor it to your interests. But ultimately, I would go where ever you feel you would be happiest.. and if that is McGill then go for it.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived