Premed 101 Forums

Neighbourhoods In Hamilton

Thanks birdy. Looks like most places aren't available until September. What are you (or most people) gonna do for orientation week last week of Aug? I was hoping that most places would be available to move in during August. 

We rented a place (ended up with a place in the West Mountain area since there wasn't much in Dundas) for August 1st and we're leaving the Island on July 31. Gives us a few weeks to get settled in and relax a bit before school starts. We do have a guest room in the new place so if someone ends up in a pinch, we'll put them up during O week. 

We rented a place (ended up with a place in the West Mountain area since there wasn't much in Dundas) for August 1st and we're leaving the Island on July 31. Gives us a few weeks to get settled in and relax a bit before school starts. We do have a guest room in the new place so if someone ends up in a pinch, we'll put them up during O week. 

I'd love to take you up on the offer if I can't find anything for August ;)

I'd love to take you up on the offer if I can't find anything for August ;)

A lot of places will let you move in a week or so early if you ask, so that might not be necessary. But so long as you don't mind cats, birds, a ridiculously loving dog, and kids who are up at ungodly hours you're welcome to it.

A lot of places will let you move in a week or so early if you ask, so that might not be necessary. But so long as you don't mind cats, birds, a ridiculously loving dog, and kids who are up at ungodly hours you're welcome to it.

How far is this West Mountain area from campus? Not only have I not found anything decent in Westdale, most the apartments within walking distance look pretty bad. 

How far is this West Mountain area from campus? Not only have I not found anything decent in Westdale, most the apartments within walking distance look pretty bad.

Yeah, I got that feeling from looking at the photos of a number of them.

It's a 12-15 minute drive according to Google, which is fine for me since I have my own car. Apparently would be around an hour on the bus though.

Yeah, I got that feeling from looking at the photos of a number of them.

It's a 12-15 minute drive according to Google, which is fine for me since I have my own car. Apparently would be around an hour on the bus though.

I see. Where did you find the ad for your place? The same macoffcampus website? 

I'd rather get myself a car than live in some of these apartments I'm seeing near campus. 

I see. Where did you find the ad for your place? The same macoffcampus website? 

I'd rather get myself a car than live in some of these apartments I'm seeing near campus.

Apparently you'll need a car eventually anyway, hah.

We found our place on Kijiji. More selection for family-suitable houses. Westdale was convenient, but not really great for kids. We'll be living across the street from a big park.

Archived