Premed 101 Forums

Got In Premed, Failed A Cegep Class

How bad did you fail the class? did you get like 58%? If so I would talk about it to your teacher. Also, I don't think you need organic chem II for medicine, you only need organic chem I. I guess it depends if you still get your DEC even if you failed that one class

http://www.mcgill.ca/medadmissions/applying/requirements-edu/med-p-requirements

otherwise I would contact McGill admissions

It's not a required course according to the faculty criteria. In the worst case, if they become picky, justify with personal reasons. Probably you were not feeling well or some familial problems. I knew a few people who had personal reasons for entering med-p to med-1 and the McGill faculty was very flexible, don't worry about it too much. 

and you still have your science DEC nevertheless. 

Hi,
I have a specific question to whoever can answer me. I got accepted in premed at mcgill, but I failed a CEGEP course in my 4th semester, Organic Chemistry 2. What are my chances of Mcgill still retaining my acceptance, and what should I do now?
Thanks

hEY IT'S better to call the McGill Admission Office and talk to the respective person. We are not the best people to help out here, even though we are indeed medical students :P

For now, if you are accepted into other faculties, accept your offers in the worst case and refuse them later. You will only lose 200$ for UdM' but it's a safe bet.

I don't think that it will play a major factor in your McGill acceptance, according to the faculty rule, there is no specific line according to failing a course that is not required for entering med-p. 

So it's ok for laval, but not mcgill?

I had a friend in the same situation at Marianopolis last year. He got something like 54%. He went to UdeL and he could skip his premed year :)

There is no premed year at ULaval...

For OP, contact the faculty. Nobody can help you here.

There is no premed year at ULaval...

For OP, contact the faculty. Nobody can help you here.

As Arztin said, UdeM & McGill are the only ones with premed (Année préparatoire for UdeM and MED-P for McGill).

Usually successfully passing all the courses leading to your degree is conditional to your admission in any university programs. You should call them asap to ensure they know you will retake the course during the summer.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Midnight5252, did the faculty ever get back to you??? I hope that everything is well :)

Hi,
I have a specific question to whoever can answer me. I got accepted in premed at mcgill, but I failed a CEGEP course in my 4th semester, Organic Chemistry 2. What are my chances of Mcgill still retaining my acceptance, and what should I do now?
Thanks

Archived