Premed 101 Forums

Instead of reference letter...

Guest moetheshmoe

Guest Ian Wong

I highly doubt it. This is something that you should ask the med schools about directly; no one else can give you an answer that would be worth relying on. However, most med schools have their own form that they want completed, so I'd think your chances of using an OMSAS CAF (and a photocopied one at that), are slim to none.

Ian

moetheshmoe:

If you're having trouble printing the forms contact OMSAS. I'm sure they would help you resolve any technical issues you may have related to printing the stuff.

If you don't have a printer save the OMSAS form to disk and go to photocopy shop to get 'em to print it.

Also, ask your referees if they want the form electronically; two of my referees did the form electronically (printed it out and mailed it).

Make sure that you follow the regulations of the med schools to the letter...they are all looking for ways to weed people from the applicant pool...and not following application directions or missing deadlines is a good one.

It isn't worth it to cut corners on your application...make sure that you use the forms/format for letters/assessment forms that are requested by the schools.

Archived