Premed 101 Forums

Applying In The Future, Oop

I'm a third year student from UBC and am going to MacMed after the summer and I agree with the previous poster whole-heartedly.

I think if you want to be keen about it, you can try reading the book titled "Doing Right" which is about medical ethics (I have one which I would be happy to loan to you if you so choose).

Just a note: Not sure if this is a definite issue, but almost all OOP students I've seen invited to interviews have either great GPAs, great VR, or both. Its probably due to the fact that only 10% of students interviewed would be OOP. So work hard on those.

Finally MMI-- learn to practice and pace yourself accordingly to Mac's timeframe. Try to stay on top of current issues and consider all scenarios from multiple perspectives.

A friend and I bought mockcasper tests from mockcasper.ca; they were really helpful; you can get feedback and it just simulates how fast and types of questions you may be exposed to as well as give you feedback for how your answer could have been better; only really need to do 2 to eventually get the jist of it 

other than that know your key 4 ethical principles and have your ABS by your side; worked for me 

Archived