Premed 101 Forums

Hi I applied to Ot this year and i am currently on the waiting list, my question is while i haven't gotten a call yet,i'm not sure what I will say if i do because I am still dealing with health issues and am not sure if i will be healthy enough to go to school in September. Could I say i will wait to see how i am at that time (end August) but if i'm still not able can i defer my year to say January 2016 or September 2016? anyone know the policy on this?

I would imagine if you are unsure, they will simply make the next call. I would think you would have to ask for a deferral at that time and hope for the best. To say that you will let them know a week before classes commence would be a non-starter in my view.

If I were you, and I was unsure, I would accept the spot and speak with the program manager about health accommodations. I'm not sure exactly what would be possible, but it's worth it to ask.

I'm so sorry you're struggling with your health right now, Otapply2015. I've been there and it's really hard :( It makes a lot of sense if you decide to focus on your health this year and re-apply next year. You made it to the waiting list, so you clearly have things they're looking for! Hope you're feeling better soon.

Archived