Premed 101 Forums

Pt Personal Statement Advice

I wanted to ask if anyone would like to share some tips and advice for writing the personal statements for PT. I not sure if OT has different statements but I am looking to apply to PT again next year. I understood the basic grounds of what to write by answering the questions and at the same time display attributes they are looking for in students. Attributes like critical thinking, time management, problem solving, group work, etc. 

I am hoping to hear from people who were successful in their applications this year and felt like they wrote a strong personal statement to maybe share advice that may not be too obvious. I was also wondering about resources that may have helped you write a strong personal statement and how you decided to format it. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated  :)

call the schools for feedback! i did for queen's and the lady i spoke to was so helpful, went over my application (statement, how my gpa and referees faired), and even took the time to go step by step through my statement and told me what to change, my strengths/weaknesses, that i should seek more volunteering opportunities, etc.

who knows better than someone who works at the school you're applying to? (:

call the schools for feedback! i did for queen's and the lady i spoke to was so helpful, went over my application (statement, how my gpa and referees faired), and even took the time to go step by step through my statement and told me what to change, my strengths/weaknesses, that i should seek more volunteering opportunities, etc.

who knows better than someone who works at the school you're applying to? (:

Wow! I'm surprised they did that for you. I didn't think any schools took the time to do that. Awesome :D

Archived