Premed 101 Forums

High School and PreMeds and PreDents, Students! MUST READ

Guest Ibraheem

Guest Ibraheem

I will add the french boards, as soon as i get home, i am currently in school.... ;) , but my french isn't too great... i suggest you type in english :rollin

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest osindy

my final GPA I still have to figure out since I went to a bunch of different schools and had different majors before commerce. It is a tough degree in the sense that you do have to put in quite a bit of work to get good grades. There are the odd easy classes in commerce (business communication or so) but most challenge you. You certainly can coast through but you will come out with C's but if you work hard it is not impossible to get A's. Hard work meaning reading ahead, doing homework on time etc. It is on one of the professional tracks so its difficulty is comparable to pre-med. I actually think commerce is a very viable degree because it teaces you things you can use in every day life, and it appeals to different abilities. If you are good at math you can be a finance or accounting major, if you are a visual person, you can be a marketing major, and so on. It also fits different personalities since outgoing people can be finance or marketing majors and inverts can be accounting or operations mgmt majors.

Overall, I will say if you are planning on studying in university, commerce can be an easy program. Many of my friends are graduating with gpas over 3.8 and some with gpas around 2.5. Its all what you put into it but you can still get a good job with the 2.5 GPA (apply to positions that don't ask for transcripts:lol ). Not all programs are that forgiving!

Overall, I will say if you are planning on studying in university, commerce can be an easy program. Many of my friends are graduating with gpas over 3.8 and some with gpas around 2.5. Its all what you put into it but you can still get a good job with the 2.5 GPA (apply to positions that don't ask for transcripts:lol ).

Guest UofCMeds2005

IB

I wish you all the luck with your forum. Advertising your forum once - fine. But, continual attempts to lure people away from this sight are starting to get a little .... distasteful. I am sure you have the best intentions....

Guest druggist

Truth is...

I believe that most people enjoy this board because there are MODERATORS, which are medical students that help individuals such as myself into medical school by sharing wisdom, experiences, faults, etc...

Guest UofCMeds2005

Docs are a good resource. But, many of them are very far removed from the actual admin process - and ins and outs of aps...

Guest Ibraheem

i am not trying to get the people to leave this forum to join my forum. these forums are great. but i just wanted a different one for high school students.... |I

Archived