Premed 101 Forums

Cut-Off Wgpa

jesk

Yup I'm in the class and only 9 of us over the age of 25. Very young class! Would like to see more older applicants!

Do you think this is because the applicants are younger, or the class is younger because Ottawa's admissions policies may inherently favour younger applicants?

interesting comments above about the 3.70 cut off for ottawa. I asked admissions about this and they said given the stats of the accepted applicants they felt this lower cut off was giving a false sense of hope to applicants so they have removed it and are using a 3.85 cut-off for everyone IP. 

Do you think this is because the applicants are younger, or the class is younger because Ottawa's admissions policies may inherently favour younger applicants?

They only include undergrad ECs, so I see it as Ottawa's process as NOT giving older people an 'advantage' so to speak, rather than it favouring younger applicants-most people would have been around the same age in undergrad regardless of thier age during application

What really annoys me is that every other province has preferred admissions towards their own residents. Western has lower MCAT minimums are SWO residents, and NOSM prefers those from rural communities. It feels like many students who aren't fortunate enough to have grown up in a particular geographic region are already put at a disadvantage.

They only include undergrad ECs, so I see it as Ottawa's process as NOT giving older people an 'advantage' so to speak, rather than it favouring younger applicants-most people would have been around the same age in undergrad regardless of thier age during application

that's true - I mean Ottawa disregard of all things outside of undergrad would put a kind of bias in place. It doesn't mean you cannot say start a UG at age 30 and in any way be disadvantaged - you won't be. However a lot of reasons people are applying later is they have graduate studies, or work experience etc - things that Ottawa doesn't care about.

that's true - I mean Ottawa disregard of all things outside of undergrad would put a kind of bias in place. It doesn't mean you cannot say start a UG at age 30 and in any way be disadvantaged - you won't be. However a lot of reasons people are applying later is they have graduate studies, or work experience etc - things that Ottawa doesn't care about.

Just so we're clear, you mean work experience WHILE not in the middle of your degree, like just working and graduated right? 

Hi,

does anyone know what was historically or is the cut-off WPGA for CNFS stream? Also, what are the criteria to be able apply under CNFS stream? Thanks

hi!

Last thing I heard, the cut-off for CNFS is 3.6. 

CNFS applicants are francophone students who are residents of provinces other than Quebec and Ontario

Hi,

I just submitted my application for the french stream!

Do you know what the wgpa cut off is for ottawa-gatineau residents?

This is really making me feel anxious because I thought my wgpa was over 3.90

But it calculated it at 3.88 :@

Also do they count summer courses grades towards the grade point average?

Would be good to know...

Anyways the wait begins,

Good luck to you all :)

Hi,

I just submitted my application for the french stream!

Do you know what the wgpa cut off is for ottawa-gatineau residents?

This is really making me feel anxious because I thought my wgpa was over 3.90

But it calculated it at 3.88 :@

Also do they count summer courses grades towards the grade point average?

Would be good to know...

Anyways the wait begins,

Good luck to you all :)

The cut-off for french ottawa-gatineau res is 3.6. You're well above! Just pray your sketch and Caspers are just as good.

And no, though it seems it is counted, they will adjust the calculation and remove summer courses from your cGPA; don't worry :)

Archived